alien head 2 exhaust

busanewb

Registered
Im about to pull the plug on an alien head 2, but i was curious about the fitment with the oil cooler. I read over the instructions and it said that i may have to bend the oil cooler lines. Is this true or does it bolt up fairly well?

Bolts up no issues. The only issues you might have is getting the muffler lined up right if you have a belly pan on, amd it runs close to the plastics on the connector pipe on the right side. I would buy it again. Sings at 6k and up. Nice and soft tone at idle

Im about to pull the plug on an alien head 2, but i was curious about the fitment with the oil cooler. I read over the instructions and it said that i may have to bend the oil cooler lines. Is this true or does it bolt up fairly well?

Just an FYI. I have the short meg 2. It's a great exhaust but the fitment is very close to the peg to the point that my heel is resting on the exhaust. It gets very hot. I have had to modify my foot placement to compensate so it's starting to bother me on longer trips. I don't know if this exhaust would work well for anyone with lower than stock pegs (I have stock pegs).

i have the first gen on my 06 and it burned the plastic. plus you cant do any real adjustments on rearsets downward because the pipe is in he way.

Im about to mount a full alien head 2 exhaust on my 2015 lets see what it happens ill let you all know.

Did you get a Power Commander with Brock's base air/fuel map to go with the Alienhead?
You will need that, or a dyno tune for it to perform it's best.
A Power Commander can be used to dyno tune the air/fuel even if you have the ecu flashed.
Or, the dyno tune can be done with Ecu Editor or Ecu Unleashed and no Power Commander is needed.
FYI, most base maps in a Power Commander are useless junk, but Brock's maps are good.
If there is no where to dyno your bike, get the Brock's map in a PC and have someone flash the ecu.
The bike will run great that way.
And yeah, the Alienhead/shortmeg can heat up your right foot...but so can the stock catalytic converter.

I have mounted the exhaust today great sound great power but im putting all the fairings tomorrow i hope they fit just fine with no burning issues because mine its a 2015 well for now im thinking on the fitment and the reflash.

Just put some heat shield tape on the inside of the fairing where it may touch the exhaust and problem solved.

Back