changing oil with alien head exhaust

nugent_crai

Registered
I heard its impossible to change the oil on the 08 busa with the alien head exhaust. You need to remove the oil line or the headers, right? I just dropped $289 on an oil filter re locator so im hoping this helps. Anyone have any tips? advice for when I get home and get my hands dirty

Huh ??? i havnt changed my oil filter yet, but from looking at it, I think i wont even need to remove my plastics! Just take the two fasteners out of the bottom, loosen the other needed H/W, and wammo R&R filter :beerchug:

I haven't looked at it yet, but I heard from a few different people including my shop who told me they spent a few hours on my first service because of the oil filter location with the new pipes. If you look at the stock headers there is a bulge right behind the front tire where you would be able to reach in and uncrew the filter, now they eliminated this bulge with the after market headers and they made them much tighter against the filter.

I have an 08' with AH exhaust. No problem with R&R of the filter for oil change. You just have to maneuver it around a little to fit it through the space. Make sure you wrap the headers with foil or clean them good if you don't, you will spill quite a bit on them getting the old filter out..:beerchug:

All you have to do is remove the oil line and it is pretty easy to get to.If it were me I would replace the bolts on the oil line with studs so you do not stress the threads in the aluminum during future oil changes.Hope this helps.

easy just did my today u unscrew the oil line 2 screws,i will highly recommand getting k&n oil filter is easy to take off ,hey i notice there is o-ring in the oil cooler line im pretty sure after few oil changes thats gone have to get replace anybody know where to get one ?oh by the way did the oil change with amsoil i love how easy the gears go in
Photo_09oilchange.jpg

what are studs?

The Urban dictionary definitions of stud:

Urban Dictionary: stud

1) a small piece of metal, often bolt shaped (seen often on belts and such)
2) a small earring with a rounded top often used for piercing and worn by both men and women.
3) a male animal desirable for breeding (like a racehorse)
4) a guy who is popular with the ladies and has no trouble getting laid, and who may also be attractive-looking, but not always.

They misssed a 2x4 in a wall, but what he is talking about for the oil line is a bolt without a head that screws into the block and is locktite in place and then a nut goes onto it to hold the oil line in place.

ie:

Attachments

• untitled11.bmp
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,027
wow, very good call, i never really though of that! I love forums for this type of ****!! but what happens if you want to go back to normal, how do you remove it?

The red locktite can be removed if the bolt / stud are heated.
I guess you could heat the tip of the stud with a small propane torch, and then unscrew it, but you should never have to go back.
Once you do this it is good forever,
You don't have to buy a special stud, just get a bolt that is long enough and cut the head off.
I put my 2 bolts in with locktite and let it harden and then cut the heads off to the right
length with a Dremel tool. (plug up the hole in the block and the oil line first to stop debris getting in.

that is a GREAT idea! what about with the O-ring as mentioned above? just keep a few spare? or hypothetically can you use the same one forever?

that is a GREAT idea! what about with the O-ring as mentioned above? just keep a few spare? or hypothetically can you use the same one forever?

I have re-used mine for 5 oil changes, no problem.
They are about $3 from the dealer so I have a spare as it will wear out.
I don't remember the size off hand.
Also you should use a stainless steel bolt, with stainless nuts,.. won't rust or corrode.

Not really.
You can take one of the bolts off and probably not have it leak (don't run it this way) until you match it for threads and length. They don't require much force to put them back in (7 ft lbs if memory but check that in the manual).

ok so whoever made this POS filter relocator is retarded! that same oil line that was in the way of getting the filter out is STILL in the way of the filter when you try to use the relocator! best bet is the "stud" and nut idea.

The red locktite can be removed if the bolt / stud are heated.
I guess you could heat the tip of the stud with a small propane torch, and then unscrew it, but you should never have to go back.
Once you do this it is good forever,
You don't have to buy a special stud, just get a bolt that is long enough and cut the head off.
I put my 2 bolts in with locktite and let it harden and then cut the heads off to the right
length with a Dremel tool. (plug up the hole in the block and the oil line first to stop debris getting in.

+1 To everything except the "red locktite" which is HIGH STRENGH, imo...way overkill! I would recommend "blue locktite" medium strength, and "if" you ever have to remove it, you can without heat.....Just my thoughts?

Back