Alarm warnings and conditions

Just wanted to post up, there may be a bit more than just replacing the chip. If I can make a recommendation just don't burn that chip. There's something else that involves Pulse with modulation.

We'll get to the bottom of it. My aerospace friend has a scope, we're going to investigate the pulse width modulation versus the voltage and figure out what part of the board got damaged. There's a little something more to it.

Just wanted to post up, there may be a bit more than just replacing the chip. If I can make a recommendation just don't burn that chip. There's something else that involves Pulse with modulation.

We'll get to the bottom of it. My aerospace friend has a scope, we're going to investigate the pulse width modulation versus the voltage and figure out what part of the board got damaged. There's a little something more to it.
It's not funny that the problem happened.
It's awesome that you guys are working on this with great progress.
But it is hilarious that we have come to the point where you have gotten your aerospace friend involved...to fix a motorcycle!
Gotta love technology.
Give me fuel injection, and now a quickshifter, with some good suspension...and they can keep the fancy electronics.
Good luck with your progress, and thanks again for the info.

He looks at circuit boards with a different set of eyes. Just like we look at road maps. Heck, he looks at everything with a different set of eyes.

His favorite saying is, "Well it's not rocket science". I say the same thing when I'm building motors.

Crazy smart. Late 60's.

I'm with you, keep the fancy electronics just give me a really strong motor, some good gears and decent suspension and I'm straight.

OK Chaps,

We're done mapping out the repair. We know what chips need to be replaced. There is one chip for the left rear turn signal circuit, there is one chip for the right rear turn signal circuit.

If you have installed an alarm and connected the 12 V wire that flashes the turn signals and have now shorted out your turn signal relays, which are located "in" the gauge cluster, please contact me directly here at the website, by phone 702–521–0214, or at abikernut@gmail.com.

I have a shop in San Diego that can do the repair, and has repaired, and validated mine, or you can have a local circuit board tech handle it in your area.

Spudley/Adam

Last edited:
Chip #1 is the right rear turn signal relay. Chip #2 is the left rear turn signal relay.

This is for rear relays only, as connecting an alarm usually goes throught the rear end of the harness. If you have shorted either of the front relays, you'll need to do your own research. We did not identify those. Spud.

I still have plenty of chips at $8.36 plus shipping.
Chips.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1642191
This is the Texas instruments chip that is in each and every Combination meter/gauge cluster. There are four total. If you damaged the rear turn signal assembly relay, you only have to replace the one. The others are unaffected. This chip is not available from Texas instruments here in the states, or from digikey.com. I'm making arrangements to order a minimum of 10 Texas Instruments 92630 from Alibaba which should be here in a few weeks. Cost is $.44 plus tax plus shipping per chip. Less than a dollar repair plus labor to have an electronics expert take out the old chip, and replace it.
Surface mount ?

Yes sir !. Remove the damaged chip, solder the new one on. Validate voltages.

Glad to help !.

For anyone that's interested, this is the forward pigtail from the loom to the front turn signals, and the gauge cluster.

It has been modified so that you can no longer surge the chips in your gauge cluster. Diodes have been installed and that little yellow wire you see at the one end next to the harness connection is the flasher for all the turn signals.

My good friend Noah, at La Jolla Audio, has an electronic genius that modifed the loom, and can do it again. I gave them everything I had and they mapped everything out on the gauge cluster in case anyone has a problem with a chip.

I still have a good inventory of chips. They did all of the repair work, and the wiring loom modification. Everything works perfect.

La Jolla audio.+1 (858) 581-6545

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back