Akrapovic exhaust system for sale...

Its the race system with the Titanium can,its brand new in the box,I'll take what I paid for it $900 USD,don't need it anymore...

I"M GOING TURBO!!!

FYI
Akrapovic makes the exhaust for the Hayabusa in a Sport Production version only, you can get it with either a titanium or carbon fiber canister, that's it there is no race or street version just Sport Production!!
MSRP for this system in either ti or C/F is approximately $1300.00. (The price changes with demand) Lockhart Philips is the only distributer for Akrapovic exhausts. Everybody ultimately gets them from LP. As I said earlier there is no firm price you have to call LP to get the price of the day. If you look in their catalog to look up the price it says (Call for Pricing). I can usually get and sell this exhaust for between $850.00 and $900.00. plus shipping. If Ruff Ryder had installed and used this system I would agree that he should take a hit on the price, but he stated that is was new in the box. I don't think you'll find it much cheaper anywhere else, and if you do, do they have it in stock. I don't know Ruff Ryder in any way shape or form, except from this post, so I'm not defending him or trying to help him sell his pipe. All I'm saying is that his price is reasonable for a brand new pipe and that it's availabe right now (no back order delay.
I'll get off my soap box know.
Ride fast be safe
Jim

[This message has been edited by TooQwik (edited 10 August 2000).]

You don't look like a welfare case to me. Heck, I don't even know ya. But the sad truth is that resold parts take a hit, sometimes big ones. Not long ago, I sold a like-new (50 miles) Yosh exhaust for my last bike for $200 less than I paid for it, and even then it took a while to find a buyer. It's not logical but that's the way it goes.

Maybe someone can help me with this. Did Akro ever sell a street version (do they still?), or all of the pipes the race version? And when everyone writes that the pipes are quiet, which version are they talking about?

Hey Too Quick, I know your in the parts buisiness but I have some info you might interested in. I talk regularly with a rep from Akrapovic, and he says he doesn't know why Lockhart lists that pipe as a "sport production". Lockharts #423-5416 & 423-5417 are Lockharts numbers. The Akrapovic # is S-S13R1-T or S-S13R1-C depending on the canister. It is in fact a "Racing line" exhaust system, thus the R1 designation in the number and it is the only exhaust they have ever made for the big Suzuki. Not really important as the pipe is the only one you can get from Akrapovic, but I thought you might like to know. Also, if you go to their web sight and go to products,Suzuki, and find the pipe for the busa in the application guide, you will see it is in the Racing line catagory and no others. If you click on the part numer in the guide it gives a nice description of the pipe, how much power it gains and where it gains it at ect.... It also says there that it is a Racing 4-2-1. I thought it was pretty interesting and that you might like to check it out.
www.akrapovic.com

Later
WARBIRD

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 10 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 10 August 2000).]

Hey Bud, why would anyone want to pay you the same as what they can get it for from their local supplier? Your going to have to take a hit on it,if you want to sell it!Why don't you just return it and get your money back?

Its like this fellas,I have a brand new never used product for sale,I told you my price,I did not say "or best offer",its simple,either you want it or you don't,no hard feelings,just bizness.

Back