Air Filter Question

I run K&N...because my bike is mapped without a filter..bought it as a drag bike and most drag bikes dont run a filter since it restricts air,so its the closest thing to not haveing a filter as far as i know..

After my local shop tested a couple aftermarket filters on his flow bench and found that the stock filters flowed more air....STOCK.

If I ever went with something different it would be a BMC Race and that would be to have something I could reuse.

After my local shop tested a couple aftermarket filters on his flow bench and found that the stock filters flowed more air....STOCK.  

If I ever went with something different it would be a BMC Race and that would be to have something I could reuse.
All I needed to know right there. Thanks for the input, folks!

as a counter... dyno'd (area under the curve) better with my BMC race over the OE  
fight.gif

winkold.gif

I think the main reason I moved away from OE which is what I do with any engine is because it's reusable.

Ryan Schnitz wrote:
http://www.schnitzracing.com/zx14ninja-airfilter.htm

Results at the above link.

BMC Race seems to work better than no filter. Especially between 4,000 and 9,000 RPM.

BMC Race and Pipercross seem to be really close. BMC Race is slightly better around 8,000 RPM

Both BMC Race and Pipercross work better than stock OEM filter.

All testing was completed within 45 minutes. 3 runs were given to each filter. The best run of all filters were used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I def trust Ryans testing  
winkold.gif
And that doesn't take into account the much sharper throttle response from the lower resistance of the free flowing filters when you crack the throttle. Those are just wide open full vacuum tests. Try one and you WILL feel a diff. And combine it with exhaust and pc/mapping and its even better  
winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

Ryan Schnitz wrote:
http://www.schnitzracing.com/zx14ninja-airfilter.htm

Results at the above link.

BMC Race seems to work better than no filter. Especially between 4,000 and 9,000 RPM.

BMC Race and Pipercross seem to be really close. BMC Race is slightly better around 8,000 RPM

Both BMC Race and Pipercross work better than stock OEM filter.

All testing was completed within 45 minutes. 3 runs were given to each filter. The best run of all filters were used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I def trust Ryans testing  
winkold.gif
And that doesn't take into account the much sharper throttle response from the lower resistance of the free flowing filters when you crack the throttle. Those are just wide open full vacuum tests. Try one and you WILL feel a diff. And combine it with exhaust and pc/mapping and its even better  
winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif
Good to see...we were right in our opinion...
thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif

Back