Air Filter Question

ibified

Registered
I plan on upgrading my air filter when I put my exhaust and PCIII on and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations here. I want to mod this to get all available power. I know this includes doing the air box mod as well, in all liklihood, which is fine. I'll get to that when i get there and I know where the thread on it is.

Any input anyone has would be great, thanks.

Let me give you a sample of some soon to come answers.

- Stock gives more HP then K&N/BMC.

- BMC race is the way to go.

- Stay with stock because an oiled-down filter sucks.

- Run with no filter at all.

Hope that helps ...
laugh.gif

PiperCross from what I hear as of lately in the bike world .
I have a K&N now . When this thing turns into a strip only bike I'll run the BMC race .

ive run the bmc race in both of my busas but just like night crawler said everyone has there own opinion

bmc, was using a k/n searched around and read alot about filters. most pointed towards bmc

does it help ? honest do not know,but i feel it does, so that is good enough for me.

I plan on upgrading my air filter when I put my exhaust and PCIII on and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations here.  I want to mod this to get all available power.  I know this includes doing the air box mod as well, in all liklihood, which is fine.  I'll get to that when i get there and I know where the thread on it is.  

Any input anyone has would be great, thanks.
I personally have ran BMC's with great success. I run them in a package with exhaust and pc mods. When you add the BMC on its own you'll notice a much sharper throttle response...and it'll wind up slightly easier/quicker. The combo's the way to go for best results tho.
Sometimes you gotta try something for yourself to actually see if you like the results or not. I'd recommend getting the BMC race and see. If you don't like it you can sell it for a slight loss, and answer your own question. You won't sell it tho
laugh.gif
Just be sure you don't over oil it
winkold.gif
And if you want a little better dirt protection get the BMC street. I have both...one on each bike...and they both made a performance diff. Worth the money IMO
winkold.gif
Plus its the last filter you'll ever buy
thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

BMC Street filter. Mostly wanted a reuseable filter, and like thepushercg mentioned - most people on here pointed me towards BMC. I have heard lots of good about Pipercross afterwards but my BMC has done just fine. My stock(ish) dyno numbers are pretty good as well, with this filter and Yoshi slip ons.

I now run the K&N.. and I noticed a butt whoopin' difference between the KN and the stocker.. like someone kicked the ol' gal in the arse.. and if the BMC is a better performance oriented filter than the K&N.. then I gotta get it.
beerchug.gif

PC but I am certain that a stock filter would be just fine, perhaps I can get Ryan to run baselines on both filters when I am over there..

i have heard there`s not much difference on the dyno between all these ..imo the bmc is the best for the track but i`ll stay with a stock for riding everyday..
2cents.gif

K&N, I bought the bike with 1595 miles on her and the previous owner had already installed it.

Don

I run a K&N because they are reusable and I have one on my bus, dirt bike, both kids dirtbikes, mini van and car.

I run a K&N because they are reusable and I have one on my bus, dirt bike, both kids dirtbikes, mini van and car.
I'm surprised that you have one on your dirt bike. Do you have an outerwear over it? K&N's let in a lot of dirt and in the dirt bike community most people will tell you NOT to run a K&N, foam is better.

stock b/c I didn't have a need for an aftermarket filter before...

but...

I'll be switching to a BMC race before I get my bike custom tuned/mapped on the dyno next month.

Back