Air filter Question

so far correct - but one exception - if you have installed a real racing filter (for racetrack use only), it is actually necessary to tune the engine.

@Raul_923
bmc has both - street and race filters
k&n i guess has only the street version
so leave all at the engine throttle etc. as it is.
K&N does offer a "race" version as well I run one in my bike and it did look like it would let s little more air flow thru but not as much as one of the sprint race filters that are meant for the track that everyone seems to want to put in their street bike:banghead:

K&N does offer a "race" version as well I run one in my bike and it did look like it would let s little more air flow thru but not as much as one of the sprint race filters that are meant for the track that everyone seems to want to put in their street bike:banghead:
Hi. Mike Miller did a lot of testing an DNA keep the air box cleaned and floed the best. I am now koolong to get one for the 800+ HP street/ LSR bike I am building.

Guys, I'm planning to put tomorrow sprint air filter street version P08 to my motorcycle but is it correct that I will allow more dirt to engine and thus will affect the motorcycle on the long run? I heard that sprint filters are good but when I read this thread I started to rethink my plan

What do you use and what do you recommend in that case?
Correct
I would not be overly concerned, but an oil analysis will show more dirt in the used oil with the Sprint filter vs others.
As the Sprint filter is basically just a screen, without filtering material on it.

if you deal with dust and hp isn’t the number 1 concern use stock filter. i use a sprint racing filter only at a racing event. when the race is over, i put the stock one back in the airbox.

What do you use and what do you recommend in that case?

I have a Sprint in the '18 gsxr1k and a BMC in my '03 gsxr1k, lol
But have and would use K&N, BMC, and most others again.
Whatever has the best price, and is washable/reuseable(their biggest benefit).

20210714_220025.jpg

if you deal with dust and hp isn’t the number 1 concern use stock filter. i use a sprint racing filter only at a racing event. when the race is over, i put the stock one back in the airbox.
Thanks for the answer. I also use my motorcycle only for transportation and fun. So I should reconsider my plan. Although I bought the sprint filter to install now I'm concerned and I probably should keep it in the drawer

Thanks for the answer. I also use my motorcycle only for transportation and fun. So I should reconsider my plan. Although I bought the sprint filter to install now I'm concerned and I probably should keep it in the dea
I have a Sprint in the '18 gsxr1k and a BMC in my '03 gsxr1k, lol
But have and would use K&N, BMC, and most others again.
Whatever has the best price, and is washable/reuseable(their biggest benefit).

View attachment 1665436
Well I'm now concerned about filtration. I'm not a racing and there are no race tracks where I live. I also live in kind of countryside and the roads are dusty. I use my motorcycle to go city center and comeback and take ride on the mountain curvy roads and sometimes push it to limits on the Autobahn. What do you recommend?

i would use the oem filter and inspect them periodically. you live in a dusty country side and you are not competing in a racing event. overtime you will reduce life of pistons if you don’t filter out dirt from air. good air filters will help with a long engine.
1681499673580.jpeg

i would use the oem filter and inspect them periodically. you live in a dusty country side and you are not competing in a racing event. overtime you will reduce life of pistons if you don’t filter out dirt from air. good air filters will help with a long engine.
View attachment 1665437
I will tomorrow install Akrapovic exhaust for my 22 Hayabusa. So I guess I should keep my stock air filter then.

I will tomorrow install Akrapovic exhaust for my 22 Hayabusa. So I guess I should keep my stock air filter then.
You are better off with a stock filter on the street as they are a dirty place to be riding due to all the 4 wheeled traffic stirring up dust and such..

I've run K&N filters for almost as long as I've been riding with zero issues ever, I ran them on my carbureted bikes mostly for ease of maintenance and carb jetting...I didn't notice any performance gains with them.

But, that being said, there is no problem with running a stock filter for an every day bike...

You are better off with a stock filter on the street as they are a dirty place to be riding due to all the 4 wheeled traffic stirring up dust and such..

I've run K&N filters for almost as long as I've been riding with zero issues ever, I ran them on my carbureted bikes mostly for ease of maintenance and carb jetting...I didn't notice any performance gains with them.

But, that being said, there is no problem with running a stock filter for an every day bike...
But what do you think about having a full exhaust system with stock air filters? (Tomorrow seems like I will be in that situation) Since air will exit freely shouldn't the inlet also be less restrictive?
What brand do you recommend? As far as I know there are no KN filters for new Hayabusa, I only know there are BMC air filters for the 3rd gen.

But what do you think about having a full exhaust system with stock air filters? (Tomorrow seems like I will be in that situation) Since air will exit freely shouldn't the inlet also be less restrictive?
What brand do you recommend? As far as I know there are no KN filters for new Hayabusa, I only know there are BMC air filters for the 3rd gen.
You are fine with the stock filter and full exhaust...lots of air pumps through the stock system, the restriction is in the exhaust.

Is the ECU flashed?

You are fine with the stock filter and full exhaust...lots of air pumps through the stock system, the restriction is in the exhaust.

Is the ECU flashed?
No, ECU is not flashed. There is only one place I know where they ECU flash it and it is 1000km away from me. I don't think I will have ECU flash any time soon. People around me speak about having air filter will be worth it borh performance wise and economically. I already spent 200$ (taxes+delivery...) on a sprint filter P08 and I will not use it since today after my late research. So what should I do? Keep stock with Akrapovic? Will I still get the HP gains from Akrapovic?

Back