Air filter Question

Raul_923

Registered
I have a question for the gurus here I would like to know if I change the air filter I have to tune again the bike current has a K&N and I will going to install a Spring P08F1-85 air filter
and a set of Brocks block off plates

Nope
Filters don't make a big difference, a hp or 2, or not, the best thing about aftermarket filters is that they are washable/reuseable.
The k&n will keep more dirt out of the engine(oil analysis) than the Sprint, which basically keeps birds out, lol.

20210714_220025.jpg

If you were looking for the last 1-2 HP yes
and K&N would be the wrong choice
But in MOST practical applications NO
I forgot to add air filters to the long list of personal choices we have for our bikes..

Tires
Chains,
Sprockets
Seats,
Windshields
Mirrors
tires
oil
oil filters
color
levers
brake pads
brake rotors
clutch and brake MC
clutch plates
rear sets
quickshifters (gen 1 and 2)

Are all things we love to discuss and all have a different opinion...

:lol:

if u aren’t looking for hp the sprint race filter is probably not the way to go. they dont filter much of anything and will allow a bunch of dust to get into the engine.

Nope
Filters don't make a big difference, a hp or 2, or not, the best thing about aftermarket filters is that they are washable/reuseable.

so far correct - but one exception - if you have installed a real racing filter (for racetrack use only), it is actually necessary to tune the engine.

@Raul_923
bmc has both - street and race filters
k&n i guess has only the street version
so leave all at the engine throttle etc. as it is.

so far correct - but one exception - if you have installed a real racing filter (for racetrack use only), it is actually necessary to tune the engine.

@Raul_923
It was already tuned with one...

@Raul_923
Between BMC and Sprint what do you recommend

@Raul_923

The BMC race is about only about 10mm thinner than the BMC street version, that's it, I've had both, and not worth remapping for.

Me too but in my cars
I've used them in both my cars/trucks and motorcycles for years and years...since the early '80s.....

Never had one issue...ever.....

Met the K&N research team in Afghanistan who were doing studies on using K&N filters in armored vehicles........the sand there is like talcum powder and there were zero issues with using K&N....

Ok I just want to know if it's worth spending the money or cleaning the one I have
I would clean what you have, there will be no noticeable difference in performance from switching to another brand.
Also, when you oil any of them, make sure they are dry first, then give a Light spray of oil, just enough for dirt to stick to.
You do not want oil visibly running or dripping on the filter.

Back