Air Cleaner / PAIR

Sewman

Registered
My bike is up on stands with the fairings and exhaust removed. I already installed the PCIII, and am waiting for the exhaust to show up. I bought the TiForce 4-2-1-2.

The question is, while I'm waiting, should I order and install a BMC filter?

How about PAIR block offs? I want to get everything I need done before the exhuast shows up.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Get the filter. I haven't seen pair blockoffs for the 08 yet. But if you find them I would do it.

On the left side of the air box there is a 1/2 rubber hose all you need to do is to block this off and your PAIR mod is complete.

Sewman your correct Suzuki injects fresh air into the exhaust to make the total exhaust lower in total contaminents when it is measured for hydrocarbons, etc. Solution by Dilution. The downfall is that with fresh air ie. O2 in the exhaust any un-spent fuel that occurs when decelerating can cause an ignition hence a backfire.

Actually, the port to block off is on the right side of the air box. Brock supplies a cap with his exhaust system to do this. I've yet to find large caps to block off the ports on the valve covers, so I used electrical tape. You can completely remove the PAIR valve, but the weight savings is minimal, maybe a couple of ounces total. You will also get a FI warning light when doing this. I have an idea how to clear this, but haven't had time to try it yet, probably next weekend. As a temp fix, I removed the hoses and brackets off the valve and plugged it back in, laying the unit on top of the valve cover.

Back