How Much!!??

AK929

Registered
I am looking into one of the orient express kits with a tiforce exhaust and pcIII. I have alot of experiance working on cars (mainly imports with turbo systems) but I have never touched my bikes! I have 2 questions for the gurus on this board:

1. how hard is it to install a full exhaust system and install a PCIII?
2. How much would it probably cost to have everything installed at a shop?

sorry for the squid question, I am really considering getting just a slip on system so I dont need to deal with the hassle, but I think that in a few months I would be very disappointed with my decision.:banghead:

Thanks in Advance for all the input, you guys are awsome:bowdown:

Ben

Probably not that hard to install either; on the full exhaust you can typically use a generic map. I know Brocks will ship the PC with their map on it.

On the turbo you'll need a tuner after installation.

I have seen a few stealth turbo bikes, but I like the dump pipes and you really can't hide a turbo IMHO.

I would let someone qualified do the work.

I have the Orient Express titainium series SUMO (same headers as tiforce) on my 08, fit like a glove, just watch the oil cooler and radiator so you dont damage them. Took a few hours. Dont know about the PC3, havent done that yet, pretty happy with the setup as is. Im doing the Marble mod for teh PAIR VALVE this weekend, i have slightest popping on decel, so figured i would try it. OH first post on teh ORG, love this place:beerchug:

I'm guesing you have a Gen1 busa... If you've got any kind of mechanical ability then installing the exhaust and PC will not be difficult for you. :thumbsup:

I'm guesing you have a Gen1 busa... If you've got any kind of mechanical ability then installing the exhaust and PC will not be difficult for you. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I didnt specify, its a 2008 busa. I didnt think it would be a problem, probably the hardest part will be doing it without breaking any plastic clips.

-Ben

PCIII is a breeze, maybe 1 hour. As far as full exhaust probably 2 hours or so. You have a lot of stuff to remove to get old headers and pipes off and to put new on. Most time spent will be for prep for install and close up after install. There was a step by step on here with pics of a full exhaust install. Hopefully this helps........ If you have any questions about PCIII install, ask away, did mine myself in like hour or less, that included all routing zip tieing and close up. Good luck man. I had my local shop do exhaust because it was middle of winter and didnt have garage or time.

Thanks guys, I will post up picks when I get it done. I need to get the bike in for the first service before I get on to the mods:beerchug:

Full exhaust.... first time is going to be difficult. Fairings are a pain, if you never had them off before. Search for all the tips you can, so you don't pull and pry in the wrong places. PC3 is simple...Bazzaz a little more complex but not too bad. Slip-ons even easier. The more you work on it the easier things become. Good luck..

Full exhaust.... first time is going to be difficult. Fairings are a pain, if you never had them off before. Search for all the tips you can, so you don't pull and pry in the wrong places. PC3 is simple...Bazzaz a little more complex but not too bad. Slip-ons even easier. The more you work on it the easier things become. Good luck..

+10

If you're serious about building your bike later on, you may want to look into the Bazzaz boxes rather than the Power Commanders. Some of the people around here with some serious scoots seem to love them. I'm sure there's a reason. :laugh:

Thanks for the info, I am probably not going to do anymore mods to the bike:whistle:, atleast that is what I keep telling myself. But than again I was going to put slipons on the bike a week ago.:laugh:

-Ben

Thanks for the info, I am probably not going to do anymore mods to the bike:whistle:, atleast that is what I keep telling myself. But than again I was going to put slipons on the bike a week ago.:laugh:

-Ben

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yeah, "not going to do any more mods!" I am never going to go over the posted speed limit either! Find a buddy that has done this & do it yourself. You need to learn to deal with the fairing removal to do your own service anyway. :welcome:

Last edited:
+10

If you're serious about building your bike later on, you may want to look into the Bazzaz boxes rather than the Power Commanders. Some of the people around here with some serious scoots seem to love them. I'm sure there's a reason. :laugh:

Great point since PCIII only controls four of the injectors. In order to get full control of all 8, one would need to piggyback 2 units. So depending on the builds in mind for later one would want to look at bazazz over PCIII.

Back