AHHH finally found one I like

timeisaticking

Registered
Hi All,

New to the site. I just payed a deposit on my new ride.  
banana.gif
 It's a 2006 Red/Black with 312 Miles on it. I'm going to see it tomorrow and bring it home. I'm curious if anyone knows what Suzuki put on this bike for stock tires. I figure this will be the best way to verify the mileage.
dunno.gif
 The owner tells me that he just changed the plugs in it tonight due to the bike not running for any lenght of time over the past 1.5 years.  
rock.gif
 I'm a licenced mechanic by trade and it seems a little odd to replace the plugs with less than 350 miles. I cannot wait to drive this thing.......I've been riding for 20 years on everything from a WR450 to a GSXR1100 (wish me luck).....oh ya this guy tells me he doesn't have the solo seat cover, he said it didn't come with one.....is he full of it or was this an option? My GSXR has one from the factory. Well thanks for any help giving me advice of what to look for before I give him the rest of the money. (is 9000 too much for a '06 with no miles???)

I'm from Saint John New Brunswick (Canada) and yes pics will be posted by Monday (with no reflectors on it).

newbie.gif

190/50ZR17 Bridgestone BT56 is the stock tire. 9000.00 is too much for this bike even with low miles. See if you can get him down at least a grand.

And if you do get him down on the price pull those tires off and get some Pilot Powers. Tires make a big difference on this bike and those stock tires arent that great.

Welcome!

The seat cover should have come with the bike, but i know many people who didnt think about it when they bought their bike, and the dealer wouldnt throw it in unless you asked for it.

190/50ZR17 Bridgestone BT56 is the stock tire. 9000.00 is too much for this bike even with low miles. See if you can get him down at least a grand.
welcome to the madness. I agree, to much for that old of a bike, even with that mileage. Good luck on talking him down.

that price is out of line... I paid $8700 USD new off the showroom floor for my 06, I would be pretty skeptical of the mileage myself, new plugs at 300 miles? I have 15K on mine and no issues.. I think your dollar is pretty much 1:1 right now too...

First of all welcome to the Org!
welcome.gif

Second I have to agree that $9k (CDN I assume? $9,060.71 USD)is way top heavy for a three year old Busa. Make sure that those 314 miles didn't happen on a drag strip! Humps are relatively easy to come by, but he should have gotten one when he bought the bike.

Back