Ah the AC went out in my house!

Ok, update.

The guy just came back by and we think we have found the problem.  The fan motor on the outside unit was cutting off after a few minutes.  Which in turn caused my compressor to over heat and kick off. He replaced the motor at no charge.  So far so good. I have cool air again (though its still hot in here at the moment).  Hopefully it will stay that way this time.  (fingers crossed)
lurk.gif

i have never used the home warranty crap for ac unit yet.
Really? Would not be without one myself.

Cost $400.00 for ten (10) years parts and labor. Compressor was lifetime already.

Like I said. They work to death out here in Arizona.

r8
what i meant was that i do have it but i have never used it for air condition. the couple homes i bought in the past were fairly new.

GREAT!! Glad you got it going for now. I went through A/C hell back a few months ago. 12 year old system finally died. I didn't have $10,000 bucks to replace the ENTIRE system. (YEP,....compressor, air handler, all ducting under the house, all boots at the registers, electrical,...etc) Everything had to go,.........because my old system was an 8 SEER unit. Everything these days is high efficieny,.......so an upgrade was needed.

Needless to say,.....10K was not in my budget,.....so by the graces of GOD,.......an A/C buddy helped me by getting everything at a reduced rate,.....and helping me by instructing me to do it all myself. I saved $7000 by doing it myself. Took several weeks,........and I think I lost about 10 years of my life (stress),...........but I'm sitting in a 70 degree house on 100 degree days!!

If he was a drinker,.......I'd owe him about 12 kegs of beer. Cheers!
all_coholic.gif

i have never used the home warranty crap for ac unit yet.
Really? Would not be without one myself.

Cost $400.00 for ten (10) years parts and labor. Compressor was lifetime already.

Like I said. They work to death out here in Arizona.

r8
what i meant was that i do have it but i have never used it for air condition. the couple homes i bought in the past were fairly new.
winkold.gif

r8

GREAT!! Glad you got it going for now. I went through A/C hell back a few months ago. 12 year old system finally died. I didn't have $10,000 bucks to replace the ENTIRE system. (YEP,....compressor, air handler, all ducting under the house, all boots at the registers, electrical,...etc) Everything had to go,.........because my old system was an 8 SEER unit. Everything these days is high efficieny,.......so an upgrade was needed.

Needless to say,.....10K was not in my budget,.....so by the graces of GOD,.......an A/C buddy helped me by getting everything at a reduced rate,.....and helping me by instructing me to do it all myself. I saved $7000 by doing it myself. Took several weeks,........and I think I lost about 10 years of my life (stress),...........but I'm sitting in a 70 degree house on 100 degree days!!

all_coholic.gif
shake.gif

Good on you!

r8

all_coholic.gif
Way to go Joe !!!
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

Back