Ah the AC went out in my house!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Im sitting here at 3:22am and its STILL 83 freaking degrees in this place.  Im sitting here sweating.  I can't sleep like this im to spoiled!  I want my AC back!  Come on AC man get here early in the morning please!

Even the fan on my computer is kicking in high gear to keep its self cool!

if you want to make a 3 hour road trip your more then welcome ot crash on the new hide-a-bed

Its August and here in the uk, guess what.....its raining like there's no tomorrow!

we dont need AC, we need boats.

Andy.

I hear ya, on nights the 1st half this week, just a window unit in the livingroom & the kids room, a fan in our room...104 outside. I get home @ 7, up by noon due to the heat. can't wait til thursday when I'll be back on days. at least then, the captain (morgan, not Doug) can help me go nitenite
cool.gif

No AC sucks alright. Mine went out (lightning strike) back in late June, didn't get it fixed for 3 weeks until after July 4th. Was hitting lower 90's with big humidity #s, ceiling fan on high, windows open, live close to railroad tracks so trains all night, traffic on the highway, hard to sleep.
Glad it's fixed now, we're in the high 90's with 60%-70% humidity. Just not looking forward to the electric bill.

I hear ya.  got mine fixed this weekend.  but it nevers gets below 78 no matter how long I leave it on.  guess I'll be asking for a new unit.  I've killed off all the heat producing things in the house... video games, lights, extra junk plugged in etc

78 is not good right?  I seem to recall getting it down to the 60's if I wanted to previously.  or am I on crack again?

Not that this doesn't suck for you...but you could be in Dallas, we hit 104F yesterday.

Mine was out 2 weeks last August with the temps in the 97-102 range. (Home warrantee delays, but that is another story) We survived by buying a 10000 BTU portable AC unit for the bedroom.

Well, its back running again. For now. He found a leak in the coil. Didnt have the parts to fix it because it will have to be ordered. It took about 2 pounds of coolant to fill it back up. Its running. It feels "better". The air its putting out really isnt that cool though.

I usually keep the house at 70 during the day and 68 at night. Yeah I like it cold!

NOOO it just died again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

It won't cut on, the compressor just sitting outside buzzing!
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

deadhorse.gif

deadhorse.gif

Boy, do I know how miserable that can be!

Replaced my old unit three (3) years ago. No problems and out here they get worked to death.

r8

That does suck. I Feel sorry for you. We hit 105 on Sunday & I rode 250 miles in full leathers in the middle of the day.

I feel for you! We are like polar bears at our house, and keep the thermostat down low! Last night I couldn't sleep because it still wasn't cold enough with the A/C and two fans in the bedroom...

My worst fear is that the A/C will go out and we will be without. It never failed every apartment that we have rented had A/C probs and we went for days without....MISERABLE!!

If you need A/C get yourself a small window unit until the house one can be fixed at least you will be cool at night

Mine broke this summer too, those ac guys get paid big money, thank God for appliance insurance.

i have never used the home warranty crap for ac unit yet. i wonder how long it takes them to come and fix the ac? a week or two? i hope that is not the case but with 100 degree temp. and high humidity here, i probably will pass out before they show up.
my ac at my house is 5 years old, hope it will last me another 5 years.

mine needs replaced to. Its 21 years old and its been like mid 90s here in the mid day, coolest my house will get in the afternoon is about 80. The unit runs most of the time during the mid day and afternoon. just something else to take the money that you dont have.
sad.gif

Back