Aftermarket rear fluid reservoir placement?!

murphc13

Registered
I’m thinking I’d like to replace the stock rear reservoir ‘under the rear plastics’.It’s a PITA that the plastics have to be removed when bleeding.
I’m just not sure where to place it if I were to change it over.
Have any of you guys done this and have suggestions?

I planned to do the same thing some day. Mounting the reservoir to the frankenstein bolt was my idea and possibly rout the tygon through the hole in the tail fairing (if it's Gen2). What I think would really be best for the busa is one of those reservoirs that bolt right on the rear MC or if you don't need anything fancy, just clip a couple inches of tygon on the inlet. Fill the tygon and cap it. Moto Mummy sells a cap for that and they sell tygon. I think they call the cap for Ducati but it will work for any bike. I actually boughtthis years back and never installed it.

This is easier, not sure where I got it.

210703 Rear Brake MC.png

Hi. I had one it was way to heavy.
It couldn't be heavier than the whole stock reservoir and downspout, could it? I'm guessing 7 oz for stock and about 3, maybe 4 oz for the PSR reservoir.

...of course, you can't beat a couple inches of tygon with a cap on it for weight loss, that would be about 2 tenths of an oz. Does the same thing, different materials. That PSR is a nice looking piece though.

It couldn't be heavier than the whole stock reservoir and downspout, could it? I'm guessing 7 oz for stock and about 3, maybe 4 oz for the PSR reservoir.

...of course, you can't beat a couple inches of tygon with a cap on it for weight loss, that would be about 2 tenths of an oz. Does the same thing, different materials. That PSR is a nice looking piece though.
Hi. Yes they are vey pleasing to the eye. I bought 1 from McIntosh to me it was way to heavy.

Back