Aftermarket fuel rails?

KooK

Registered
Wondering if anybody has any good options for aftermarket fuel rails for the 99-07 Hayabusa, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of options but what there is, the price range goes from like, $120 to $300 just for a rail.

I'm using stock style fuel injectors
I need to have both ends open (one for feed, one for return)
Just needs something that bolts on down and is simple.

Anybody have any leads on what you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Buy a billet fuel rail

Several shops make em someone might even have 1 for sale used on here???

You'll have to excuse me here but, I have no idea what that is...
Insert for your fuel rail to add a outlet. Just replace the metal section and add the outlet. It doesn’t have to be on the ends. On a gen 2 they are right next to each other.

FE31BB81-C2CE-4A65-9914-D87CD3828C8A.png

789A63BD-78F6-410C-9A6D-9A4DD7A34A62.jpeg

That's some funky fuel rail stuff there, I haven't even looked at the factory fuel rail and I just assumed it was a solid piece. If it splits into sections like that then I'm only really interested in running a billet one. I'm changing the entire fuel system over so I can run E85 and don't want factory rubber o-rings on anything.

That's some funky fuel rail stuff there, I haven't even looked at the factory fuel rail and I just assumed it was a solid piece. If it splits into sections like that then I'm only really interested in running a billet one. I'm changing the entire fuel system over so I can run E85 and don't want factory rubber o-rings on anything.
Second pic is my bike. I will be running E85 by next year and I built it for it. If you don’t mind swinging the $150 for billet do it.

There’s nothing “bad” about pump e85. Only downside is, it’s very rarely ever 85%. In my area usually 68-75%. I’ve found that most gas stations stay consistent whatever their content may be.

Pump gas is bad if you leave it in the tank for long periods of time. Ethanol fuel affect rubber parts of the fuel system a bit faster specially drum fuel as it’s more potent. X98 has 10% methanol added so it’s even worse.

What Boosted above me here said, really the worst thing about E85 is how inconsistent the mix is. I'm running a flex fuel sensor to try to help out with that. I'm just getting my fuel and tuning system debugged before I turbo it, is all. I'm also switching out the way it regulates the fuel pressure so it regulates it after the fuel rail instead of after the pump; which generally allows for a little more consistent fuel pressure. I mean you can tune it just fine the way it sits but I'm not exactly a fan of this type of setup.

But back to the topic at hand. I'm new to screwing around with bikes to this depth (in the past I've just worked on cars). Just wondering if there are any brands I should stay away from or anybody I should look out for.

What Boosted above me here said, really the worst thing about E85 is how inconsistent the mix is. I'm running a flex fuel sensor to try to help out with that. I'm just getting my fuel and tuning system debugged before I turbo it, is all. I'm also switching out the way it regulates the fuel pressure so it regulates it after the fuel rail instead of after the pump; which generally allows for a little more consistent fuel pressure. I mean you can tune it just fine the way it sits but I'm not exactly a fan of this type of setup.

But back to the topic at hand. I'm new to screwing around with bikes to this depth (in the past I've just worked on cars). Just wondering if there are any brands I should stay away from or anybody I should look out for.
Are you using a stand alone ecu or a PTI? Gen 1 ECUs don’t do boost referenced fueling by themselfs.

Are you using a stand alone ecu or a PTI? Gen 1 ECUs don’t do boost referenced fueling by themselfs.

Nah I'm using a Stand Alone. I'm mostly doing this because I'm bored and I'm wondering what sort of power increase there is between a stock ECU, a tuned stand alone, and an E85 tune. The bike is bone stock down to the mufflers so I think it'll be kinda cool to see what the graphs look like between the three. I'd be shocked if there's really much difference in power though, I'm sort of expecting maybe a few hp between the stock ECU and the stand alone on 91 octane, and maybe 5-10hp between 91 and E85 from the jump in timing and decrease in combustion chamber temps.

Nah I'm using a Stand Alone. I'm mostly doing this because I'm bored and I'm wondering what sort of power increase there is between a stock ECU, a tuned stand alone, and an E85 tune. The bike is bone stock down to the mufflers so I think it'll be kinda cool to see what the graphs look like between the three. I'd be shocked if there's really much difference in power though, I'm sort of expecting maybe a few hp between the stock ECU and the stand alone on 91 octane, and maybe 5-10hp between 91 and E85 from the jump in timing and decrease in combustion chamber temps.

There’s a few hp to be had from stock ecu to aftermarket.

On E85 they don’t like anymore timing then stock in the WOT columns. Weird I know. I usually see a 30-40whp increase on boosted apps.

No kidding, I'm pretty surprised to hear that WOT timing remains similar on E85. Not a huge deal though, I still enjoy the build and the research behind it. It will be interesting to see if I can get these injectors to idle and partial throttle well, considering how big they are for this engine. ID says they have great response with a tiny duty cycle but we'll put that to the test. Have you ever tried running ID1050x injectors on a stock engine? At the moment my plans are E85 using a Bosch 044 fuel pump, ID1050's, the fuel system will route from the tank, to the pump, to the rail, to the fuel pressure regulator, back to the tank, and it'll be running off a Megasquirt 3x.

I actually had great luck with a similar setup but on a bit larger of an engine. It's a ton of fuel system but I intend to build into it; but low throttle resolution is a bit of a worry to me right now. I still have flashbacks of large RC injectors from the early 2000s.

Last edited:
Well now I was curious so I called up ID and spoke with them. They were telling me that with the system I'm controlling the injectors with it shouldn't be any issue. I might run a LITTLE rich at idle but that's it, is what he was saying. So cool... I'll give it a shot and keep you guys updated on the build. Really looking forward to this though, it's been a year or two since I've got my feet wet.

Well now I was curious so I called up ID and spoke with them. They were telling me that with the system I'm controlling the injectors with it shouldn't be any issue. I might run a LITTLE rich at idle but that's it, is what he was saying. So cool... I'll give it a shot and keep you guys updated on the build. Really looking forward to this though, it's been a year or two since I've got my feet wet.
Hi. what fuel line AN? What ID? AN8 from tank to pump? AN6 to fuel rail? Who is making the fuel rail? I have the Bosch 044 also I may need more GPH.

ID’s are great injectors when trying to run big ones on stock car ecu’s as they supply all the in depth data to have good control over them.

That being said, I have a set of ID1300s in my built SR20DET run buy and AEM series 2. Can get them to run as lean as you’d like at idle.

On the same note in my LS swapped mustang I have some Bosch 2200’s. ($500 for all 8) The only data I can get is the dead time voltages. But with that info in my Holley efi, again I can get it to idle as lean as I’d like.

Stock Busa ecus don’t allow for much control over big injectors, as well as the injectors drivers aren’t all that good. In my option if you’re running a stand alone and at least have the dead times, you can get pretty much any injector to idle well.

Back