Question regarding aftermarket fuel pump

cbibb

Registered
I have a 2000 model and after taking the fuel pump apart to remove the filter and install an in line filter, I cant get the stock one to work right. When its out of the case I can hook power to it and it has a good bit of pressure but when I put the pump back in the case it will just gurgle fuel through the fuel rail. Which means I am getting air in somewhere. When I took it apart, I broke the plastic part that the "outlet" side of the pump goes into, so instead of spending almost 100 between that plastic piece and o-rings I am going to go with a walbro 255 pump and aeromotive bypass regulator (that a buddy is hooking me up with). My main question is this. With the stock set up doesnt the fuel pressure rise as you give it throttle (via vacume)? If so, how does the aftermarket set up rise? Or do you just set it at 43 and go??? Thanks for any and all help.

the fuel pressure is slightly higher at start then levels off to a continous psi

yes, the stock setup ends up running a lower fuel pressure at idle. Most people setup an after market fuel system with a specific fuel pressure and don't use the vacuum line.

Back