Fuel Pump/Regulator Replacement

spdjunkey

Registered
I'm wanting to replace the stock fuel pump and regulator on my 99. I've read here about the Walbro 255 and the Aeromotive FPR. I was wondering if there is a kit I could buy with everything I need or is it best(read cheaper) to buy separate? If separate, does anyone have a "cheat sheet" of what I need and the proper set-up and routing? I need to get my baby back on the road. BTW, I don't need anything crazy. I'm not really particular about the brand, I just don't want to waste money on a junk product. Just the usual aftermarket stuff installed (exhaust, air filter, PCIII). Thanks.

I have two 99 pumps, one I replaced pump and all in supported a 245 hp nitrous bike, no race fuel ever thru it. I have another one that doesn't have 25 miles on it as I removed it right after i got bike home. I also have the bosch external pumps and regulators and can get ou all lines and fittings. It's not cheap going the extrenal route i'll be straight up.

my sons 99 pump just went out. how much we talking for the external pump or is there a better upgrade to the oem location?

you can get an an internal walbro pump in there but you still need to put out some money on plumbing etc.

Back