Fuel pressure

slatroni

Registered
I did a search on upping my fuel pressure for my 1397 build. I have a stock pump and regulator. The only thing I found said to squeeze the regulator with a pliers. HU?
So my Question is, how do I up my fuel pressure on my stock pump and regulator?
Thanks for any help!
Steve

Your likely gonna need to up fuel volume not just pressure depending how it's set up.

search for the "fuel regulator mod" and squeeze the regulator. It's a quick n easy mod to up the pressure. You'll also have to remap the fuel.

COOL! I ran air through the stock regulator and it popped off at 45lbs plus of minus. I put the regulator in the vice with a 1/4" drive 9mm socket and a pair of calipers. Squeezed it .035" and pressure went from mid 40psi to 58psi.
Thanks!
Steve

I did a search on upping my fuel pressure for my 1397 build. I have a stock pump and regulator. The only thing I found said to squeeze the regulator with a pliers. HU?
So my Question is, how do I up my fuel pressure on my stock pump and regulator?
Thanks for any help!
Steve

I am no expert, but I just had a 1441 done on mine and i was able to keep the OEM pump/regulator. I have huge cams as well, so as I said Im no expert, but I think you would be ok.

sometimes you can get away with not upping the pressure by just having much higher numbers in your pc/bazzaz/ecu for the extra fuel. Everything depends on how much fuel the engne needs.
I am no expert, but I just had a 1441 done on mine and i was able to keep the OEM pump/regulator. I have huge cams as well, so as I said Im no expert, but I think you would be ok.

Back