~~After market wheel debate~~

I love my new RC wheels for looks and feel.

Weight is 13.5 lbs in the front and 21 lbs in the rear.  what is the weight on some of the oth mentioned wheels?
NE, blackstone tek are the lightest at 5.5lbs front and 9.0lbs rear. They are also the most expensive. The PVM's above that I want are 15lbs rear and 10lbs front.

why spend so much money on wheels

pay your credit card first
With a question like that you probably wouldn't understand anyway. Oh yea, my bike and every dime invested was cash.. $ 0.00 credit card balance. Thanks for your concern.
jump9.gif
Sorry ut tha was funny. Why do we add stuff HP, wheels, paint, chrome...Because we like it.
biggrin.gif

I have both 10 spoke Forged Magnesium Marchesinis

and I also have a set of the BSTs

329DSCF0004.jpg

The fit and finish of both are PERFECT - The BSTs are indeed a tad lighter than the forged

You couldn't go wrong with either.

why spend so much money on wheels

pay your credit card first
With a question like that you probably wouldn't understand anyway. Oh yea, my bike and every dime invested was cash.. $ 0.00 credit card balance. Thanks for your concern.
jump9.gif
Sorry ut tha was funny. Why do we add stuff HP, wheels, paint, chrome...Because we like it.
biggrin.gif
can't you see that i'm jealous.
but anyway its depends what are your goals:
-win a race at any cost
-personal achievement
-too much money

I don't need it, if you need it and can afford it I envy you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an engineer so I know a little bit the law of physics...

good luck with your choice

329DSCF0004.jpg

The fit and finish of both are PERFECT - The BSTs are indeed a tad lighter than the forged

very nice wheels
smile.gif
i just order mine today ten spoked aluminum porged marchesinis wheels.

vince - I have seen the 10 spoke aluminums - You REALLY have to look close to tell the difference - You're GONNA LOVE EM!!!!!!!

Thanks for the props
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

329DSCF0004.jpg

very nice wheels
smile.gif
  i just order mine today ten spoked aluminum porged marchesinis wheels.
Hey rob
Where did you get that sprocket i know that MARCHESINIS
WHEELS takes special sprocket.can tell me where to oder
and part # if any

THANK YOU
VINCE

Guys,

If you are interested Sport Rider Magazine did a great article on after market wheels and listed the weight and prices for all of the major brands. The also measured each set for MOI - moment of inertia - and explained the importance of the spec. You might want to check it out

Kent

ROBOPTI, YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE HAYABUSA GOD. IF I SEND YOU MY BIKE CAN YOU MAYBEE RIDE IT OR EVEN PARK IT NEXT TO YOURS. TRUST ME, AND I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE YOU HAVE THE HOTTTTTTTTTTESTTTTTTTTTTT BUSA IN THE WORLD. IT CAN'T EVEN BE REAL. I JUST REALLY HOPE WHO EVER CHECKS YOUR PICS DOESEN'T MISS A DETAIL BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY.

grab - THANK YOU VERY MUCH - I appreciate that a TON - The bike is on it's way back from Superkaos right now - I had a few more "goodies" done to it - I'll post updated pics when it gets back - It's hot though

vince - I am using Vortex sprockets and have been VERY happy with them - The BSTs & the Marchs use the EXACT same bolt pattern - so I can interchange with no problems

www.vortexracing.com - good people to deal with

grab - here's a lil taste of one of my new mods

Thanks again for the props

vince - if you need any help - just yell
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back