~~After market wheel debate~~

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
Ok here it is. I've been wanting to rid the Busa of its heavy "steam roller" like wheels for some time. I have done my homework and need opinions.

[*] BlackStone Tek Carbon fiber wheels: cost $3,500 hundy a set. First, I'm NUTS just to even consider them for the $$$$ Second, Although having never been down ( knockin' the sh*t outta some wood now) one slow wrong fall may tack on an additional $3500 to the repair bill.

[*] PVM ten spoke forged magnesium wheels: cost $2,699 a hefty tag but my friends, "Anyone in the search of owning the ULTIMATE pimp Busa will have these on their bike". ~Grabntwist. Still kinda pricey after all the add on cush drive biz is over. And what are PVM wheels without the PVM brakes? Copy me so far? Hmm kay people.

[*] OZ racing forged aluminum wheels: cost $1,500-1,700 normally I've found them for $1,395. The best part is they're a true bolt-on use the stock cush drive and sprocket. I'm not too crazy about the way they look but as long as they're black or anthracite (dark grey) I think they'll be fine.

Please hit me with your .02 cent's

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "spellin' like a biyoootch"|1083715582 -->

OZ's for the money!
wink.gif

If you spend any more than that, you could have a TURBO on that BEAST!
wow.gif

Josh
cool.gif

OZ's for the money!
wink.gif

If you spend any more than that, you could have a TURBO on that BEAST!
wow.gif

Josh
cool.gif
I hear ya Josh. Couldn't go turbo anyway. I already got the normaly aspirated thing goin' on. All my motor work would be wasteful.

The OZ's are nice for the money but how could ya resist these ...................

PVM_10spokeduo.jpg

What about Marchesini wheels? I have a pair of them on my TLS. They are cast magnesium, cost about 1800 for the pair. They are very light and so far very durable. I have about 10k miles on the TLS and no problems.

What about Marchesini wheels?  I have a pair of them on my TLS. They are cast magnesium, cost about 1800 for the pair. They are very light and so far very durable. I have about 10k miles on the TLS and no problems.
Shoot me some pics. Where did you get them from? EMA, motowheels are few places I've been lookin'.

Dont worry about the chain on this pic. It has been replaced.

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083736481 -->

DSC00156.jpg

I like the BST first and PVM second. If you decide to change bikes the BST wheels can be adapted to the new bike regardless of brand.

I love my new RC wheels for looks and feel.

Weight is 13.5 lbs in the front and 21 lbs in the rear. what is the weight on some of the oth mentioned wheels?

I just soon got boost with stock wheels than spend $2500 on a set of new wheels.
rock.gif

Back