After Every Ride I use a 20in Fan and Cool it off.

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 16 2007,19:04)
(busa_bill @ Jun. 16 2007,19:02) The vacuum of space would be the best preservative.

Nasa: Control to Busa
Busa: Roger control
Nasa: T minus 1 minute to liftoff
Busa: Hey, I think I changed my mind?
Nasa: T minus 50 seconds
Busa: Hey, get me out of here
Nasa: T minus 10 seconds
Busa: wish I would have used soap and a hose

beerchug.gif
jump9.gif

AAAssjani.gif
that was good
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Just get yourself one of these and a portable A/C unit that puts out about 50,000 BTU and your set....Bubble Boy

leg_02.jpg

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 16 2007,09:59) She gets a Blast of Air from a High speed fan to cool her down and help keep the oil from cooking.

Anyone else do this for their Busa?
poke.gif
How do you carry a fan around for when you make stops?...
Seems pointless to only do it when its home.

all_coholic.gif
Bet he won't tell anymore of his secrets! I use a fan when i do any repair tuning etc on anybike i work on! Is that taboooo?
lurk.gif
SHOCKED.gif

(tinmann @ Jun. 17 2007,11:34) Just get yourself one of these and a portable A/C unit that puts out about 50,000 BTU and your set....Bubble Boy
HaHa, Bubble Boy! Maybe the fan should blow on you while having a cool refreshing drink!
beerchug.gif

I'm going to pull an insulated trailer behind my bike full of that engine ice stuff. Whenever I stop, I'll grab a few handfuls and throw it on the engine to cool it off. I was just using regular water before but my block cracked so obviously I wasn't getting it cooled off fast enough. This should do the trick.

(8Daytona8 @ Jun. 17 2007,06:03)
all_coholic.gif
Bet he won't tell anymore of his secrets! I use a fan when i do any repair tuning etc on anybike i work on! Is that taboooo?  
lurk.gif

SHOCKED.gif
Hey!...I Use a fan when i'm synching or tuning too...and just about any competent dyno owner is going to run fans as well..when dynoing or tuning...key words here....

"ONLY WHEN THE BIKE IS RUNNING ABOVE IDLE RPMS...SUSTAINED... WHILE STANDING STILL"

...but after every ride?..and only when ya get home to a fan?
rock.gif

"that's"..

laugh.gif
'able

thanx for the
laugh.gif
and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

(Poppy @ Jun. 17 2007,09:15)
(tinmann @ Jun. 17 2007,11:34) Just get yourself one of these and a portable A/C unit that puts out about 50,000 BTU and your set....Bubble Boy
HaHa, Bubble Boy! Maybe the fan should blow on you while having a cool refreshing drink!
beerchug.gif
+1

Screw the bike......I need help with monkey butt

(busa_bill @ Jun. 17 2007,06:29)
(Poppy @ Jun. 17 2007,09:15)
beerchug.gif
+1

Screw the bike......I need help with monkey butt
gotch'er back brutha!....here come the calvary!..

http://antimonkeybutt.com/

laugh.gif

also?...found under monkeybutt website faq's...

"What is "monkey butt"?
To start, it's not always called "monkey butt." It depends on what region of the country you're in, and how the sport you participate in has tagged the condition. For motorcycle riders who DO call it "monkey butt," it's a blue collar term used by riders to describe the soreness, itching and redness that occurs when you ride and sweat on a motorcycle for hours. If your butt is so sore that you have to walk bowlegged like a monkey, you have Monkey Butt!"

standard lingo with my old crew?...usually following a comment such as.."damn it's hot today"?...

"i'm werk'in up a batch of azzgravy here"

azzgravy...monkeybutt....you say tomatoe?...
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Jun. 17 2007,09:38) and now?...

monkey_logo.jpg

monkey need a 20" fan?
laugh.gif
Preciate you Larry!
Putting in my order today!

You could kill two birds with one stone with a setup like this on the Bus backside

PRB2700-action.jpg

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 16 2007,18:49) In 80 to 90 Degree Weather in my garage I dont think my Fan is going to cool it down too fast to effect the properties of the metallurgy,gaskets etc...
But I do believe it will help keep some things from ageing as quickly as they do without a fan..........such as Wireing Harnesses becoming Brittle With Age & heat, and Connectors that become Brittle with age and Heat, and Plastic The Becomes brittle with age & heat, and of course Oil that cooks in the Top Half of the Motor because it is just a thin film of oil after most of the oil drains into the pan when off, and Coolant Hoses the Crack & Age with heat over time........
OVER TIME THESE THINGS ADD UP.............I am keeping this Busa Forever and I am going to do my Best to Preserve her.
Even though I have 2000 Miles on her and Only had her a Month!....And Remember I am a Fair Weather Rider!...No Rain!
I keep my ECU inside a home made faraday cage along with certain wires wrapped in foil for obvious reasons. When parked in my garage I have a foil cover that I use on the entire bike. Don't really care if it helps hold heat or not.

I have personally reverse engineered several Busa ECUs and starting in late 2002 VERY efficient tracking circuitry was embedded into the design. The signal operates in the 18 ghz range (at an incredibly low 1.9 dB noise figure) with a unique identifier. With the ignition on I've picked up the identifier anywhere from 12 to 15 miles away from the bike depending on terrain. With the ignition off it goes into a low power state which will still allow you to be tracked within a 2 to 4 mile radius. Disconnecting the battery does not do anything immediately as there are electrolytic caps that keep power supplied for 30 to 35 hours in low state mode.
The mileage figures are what I'm picking up with my equipment...who knows what the proper "authorities" can do with the their equipment designed for this task.
Unfortunately the embedded ciruitry is part of the whole ECU operation and you can not disable it and still have a running bike.

Same basic setup has been used in cars starting from ~2001. Different designs but still the same tracking info being transmitted. If the average consumers in this country only knew how much they were being watched.
brave.gif

(Kweave @ Jun. 17 2007,07:58) I buy a bag of 20lb ice and pack my engine as soon as I get in from a ride...
that's odd...whenever i first get home from a ride?..i fall to my knees, kiss the ground and thanks god that ORen and i survived my evil temptations and got home in one piece!
laugh.gif

and no...i don't plan on keeping her forever...but she's been great for the past few years and is still far good enough for several more years..but if ever catch me humping a fan around?..most likely it won't be for ORen!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Jun. 17 2007,14:09)
(Kweave @ Jun. 17 2007,07:58) I buy a bag of 20lb ice and pack my engine as soon as I get in from a ride...
that's odd...whenever i first get home from a ride?..i fall to my knees, kiss the ground and thanks god that ORen and i survived my evil temptations and got home in one piece!
laugh.gif

and no...i don't plan on keeping her forever...but she's been great for the past few years and is still far good enough for several more years..but if ever catch me humping a fan around?..most likely it won't be for ORen!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Well, did you ever get oren running?

laugh.gif

(tinbender0 @ Jun. 17 2007,09:22)
(JINKSTER @ Jun. 17 2007,14:09)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Well, did you ever get oren running?
not yet and i ain't working on'er..not today anyways..i hada long week at work and it's fathers day...but i will...got a good idea what's been wrong as well..and as soon as i make the move and re-assy?..she should be fine.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I guess after reading all these post, you guys wouldn't be able to appreciate my AIR CONDITIONED/HEATED Garadge
laugh.gif

I like the NO sweat, NO mess approach
tounge.gif

Back