Ok, What Does It Take To Keep A Gen 1 Cool ?

quicky

Registered
what do I have to do to keep my 2000 busa cool in stop and go traffic. as soon as I get moving it drops back to the middle line on the gauge. but if I sit in traffic it will slowly rise all the way to the red. I have a 2nd fan on the right side. from a 2006 ( I think ) cbr 600. feels like it pulls more air than the busa fan. I have the muzzy fan blade on my busa fan. both fans are on a manual switch so I turn them on as soon as I start slowing down when I come to a stop. bike is stock bore, with a .080 spacer and a turbo.
is there a bigger radiator or better fans. after a long ride and after it heat soaks it turns over slowly on restart but does start. there has to be a solution....

You have a air bubble, and need a second FAN

I went out this morning and took the cap off. the rad was full. maybe a half in. below the cap. I filled it to the top with distilled water. I have a second fan on it. from a cbr 600. 06ish or 07 I believe. it pulls more air then the busa fan. I turned the fans on with the motor off to see if they were working and moving enough air. well I screwed up when I put the motor back in last week. I forgot to check the fans. I had the wires reversed on the 2nd fan. it was blowing hot air from the header to the radiator instead of pulling air thru it. fixed that and will ride it tonight or tomorrow to see how much diff it made.if it still runs hot then I will try the spal fan.

I ran that engine ice in my old vfr. While I never had a numerical temp guage. It did keep the needle lower. Just a though.

Hello I'm new to this forum and I was hoping that someone could direct to this guy jmJohn that I was reading about on here that modifies the 01 to 04 gsxr fans to just bolt right up to a gen 1 Busa rad.

Back