Veskimo VS Entrosys - Cooling Systems

neoBusa

Registered
Oh been a while since I visited. Been busy with less important things for a very very long time. Ahh life... If only we could make it through the day by enjoying our hobbies...

So as it is starting to get hotter and hotter, it's becoming tougher to ride. Temperatures will start soaring further soon and was looking at every plausible option out there to stay cool and came across the Veskimo Colling System and Entrosys.

Cool Vest for Heat Stress Relief, Motorcycle Cooling Vest: Veskimo Personal Cooling Systems
Motorcycle Air Conditioning by EntroSys (AKA EntroSys Motorcyclist Air Conditioning System)

Dear Riders, please share your experience if you tried, own, or seen one of these. I am looking to purchase the backpack cooling system from Veskimo as it seems to be less bulky to carry around over the Entrosys and also haven't seen any reviews online for Entrosys perhaps due to its $1,500 price tag. I have a few questions in store:

1. Which one is better and Does it work?

2. If the middle body is cool, will that also somehow also reduce the heat spreading across other areas like the head, arms and legs.

3. Is it worth it? What are the Pros - Cons (cons other than price)

Please share what you got and help a fellow rider from getting cooked!

Ohh... and if you have any other recommendation, please bring it on. However I am not a fan of the vests that you need to soak in water etc...

Thanks!

Both are interesting concepts, however I have never seen the purpose of one of these as I have never had an issue even on a 95°F day with high humidity.

There are some local chemical applicators that wear this on hot days, Over-the-Shoulder, Gel Pack Personal Cooling Vest | GEMPLER'S
They keep it in a cooler full of ice until they need it, then it is worn under a tyvek chemical suit, helping to keep their core temp at safe and comfortable levels.

Where I reside at the moment temps can go as high as 135 degrees. 95 degrees is ideal weather here ;)

I commute to-from work and sometimes I hit major traffic and that's when trouble kicks in. Wet cooling vests won't work because of this reason, you need air in to get cool out. If in traffic you just get wet and wetter, and boil slow.

The gel packs were an option but after I reach destination, then what? It melts and warms unless I take a cooler with me, not practical at all. The Veskimo, I can pass busy any gas station, stock up on ice and continue. Entrosys, just keep going.

I'm really not considering this as an extra gadget, to me it for safety more than anything.

1. I get to keep all gear on rather than consider wearing lighter options

2. Less prone to heat stroke

3. At times I find myself going faster than I should in danger zones just to get more air in as its so hot.

If you ask me, the hoses on both above options look horrible, but functionality is what I'm after really.

interesting thread. Generally you get about 20 degrees or so wind chill when riding. So if its 95 at 70 miles an hour it feels like 75. Still would be nice to have some cool air when stuck in traffic or at the track.

Had 2 veskimos for wife and I. They were ok and lasted about 2 hours with block ice we froze in plastic cups as block ice lasted twice as long as cubed ice. I had to cycle the switch on and off at first due to being too cold, which was great, but after 30 minutes, on all the time and felt like nothing after about 1 1/2 hours max. Not worth the time of cooling and hassle of tieing them down and all, so we sold them.

I am very curious to know if Entrosys really works and keeps you dry in humid conditions. I saw some reviews online, but if any riders on the forum have tried Entrosys please share your experience.

Back