advice on trading

dentonbusa

Registered
I WENT AND LOOKED AT THE ORANGE &BLACK BUSA TODAY I LOVE IT THE 08 IS 10,400 PLUS TAX AND TITLE I OWE 4,500 ON MY 2005 BUSA IT IS IN GREAT SHAPE WITH 22,000 MILES ON HER. THEY OFFERED ME 5,500 TRADE IN WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WAS MY FIRST NEW BIKE THAT IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I AM UNSURE ABOUT TRADING IT IN CAN,T HAVE BOTH EITHER 05 OR 08.

DO IT !
cool.gif

Does not sound that bad a deal.. dealer will probably make an easy 1000 reselling your bike... what is the OTD price on the bike? this can be more important if they add a bunch of BS charges (doc fees, dealer prep, premium surcharges, etc)

DO get the final OTD price...

(hit your cap locks, ALL CAPS IS considered yelling) Cheers!

SO BASICALLY YOU ARE PUTTING 1K DOWN ON THE NEW BIKE AFTER TRADE IN. YOU OWE 4500, THEY GIVE YOU 5500, WHICH LEAVES YOU 1K, MINUS THE 10,400, SO PURCHASE PRICE IS 9,400 PLUS T.T.T.

1179369804802.jpg

I think that's a fair deal for both you and the dealer. They have to make a little money on your trade as well. I traded an 06 with 3K miles in on my 08 and paid a total of $4K including T&L out the door. I thought I got a pretty dang good deal.

If the money is not an issue, I'd grab the 08. I am very impressed with the 08. I installed an M4 full exhaust and the beast makes an honest 185 HP with 112 lbs of torque. She will put a smile on your face you can't slap off
thumb_up.gif

I'm keeping my 05 at least two more years, but that's just me. I have about 29K and it still runs just as sweet as the day I bought it.

IMHO your ahead on the 05, you owe less than what its worth.

If your financing the difference on the 08 you will be upside down on it for a long time. If you need to make a move, trade or sell it you will loose a lot of $$

I you can afford to be in debt for 10K & pay all the interest on 10K go for it.

The cost effective way would be for you to sell the 05 out right then go haggle the price on the 08 on the last 2 days of the month.

If its just the 08 colors thats turning you on you could have your 05 painted the new colors.

If your financing the difference on the 08 you will be upside down on it for a long  time. If you need to make a move, trade or sell it you will loose a lot of $$

The cost effective way would be for you to sell the 05 out right then go haggle the price on the 08 on the last 2 days of the month.

If its just the 08 colors thats turning you on you could have your 05 painted the new colors.
Churchkey has some good points about selling it out right, since you only owe $4500 you could get $6-$7k for it and put that down on the new 08 and bring your price down on it. The dealer is not always looking out for your best interest, i know they are there to make a living also but come on, you know some of them will rape ya. Good luck with you choice, either way you will have a busa so its a win win they way i look at it.

If your financing the difference on the 08 you will be upside down on it for a long  time. If you need to make a move, trade or sell it you will loose a lot of $$

Somebody has their noodle screwed on right. Listen to this man he knows what he is talking about ask me how I know.

SO BASICALLY YOU ARE PUTTING 1K DOWN ON THE NEW BIKE AFTER TRADE IN. YOU OWE 4500, THEY GIVE YOU 5500, WHICH LEAVES YOU 1K, MINUS THE 10,400, SO PURCHASE PRICE IS 9,400 PLUS T.T.T.
I dont think the difference in the riding experience between the two models is worth $9400. The best financial advice would be to enjoy what you already have. Next best: mod it until you like it. Finally, sell out right, then buy the 08.

If youre bike is more difficult to sell (accident history/racing) then trade it.

Good luck!

Just sold my 03 with 23K miles for $6K. And went out and bought my 08. I don;t finance so I don't have that concern but I woudl guess you would get at least what I got for your bike on your own all day long. MAybe 6500. So you will net hundreds more doing this yourself. Perfect time of year to sell. Throw it on craigslist and I bet its gone in 2 weeks. Then you will have $2K to put down on the 08. Otherwise, the Gen 1 will drop rapidly in value in the next year or so b/c everyone will want the gen 2. BUT, likely the 05 will only drop another $2K at most ovwr the next few years. The 08 will drop far more than that. Plus you wil be paying tax. So you need to figure if its worth the $ to you. I treated myself...but no buyers remorse here....
biggrin.gif

Do whatever makes you happy... You only like once! Somebody will spend your money for you when you die, why not spend it all yourself?

Back