How much is this worth in reality

Nsauble

Registered
My buddy is looking to buy a 2004 SV 1000 with 20 miles on it. The bike is clean as could be and runs awesome. It has an R title because 4 years ago the dealer had a fire and some of the bikes had the plastics melt on them. Any how, they offered him 2 year warranty from them I am assuming, and 3200 for his 2004 600 Katana as a trade in. I think he owes 4000. They want 6,000 for the SV. I blue booked it and it was retailed at 5750. Thats with a clean title. I told him to ask for 4,500 and pay off his katana. The bike has been sitting in thier showroom since 04. I think he could swing it. What do you guys think.

they want to get rid of that bike bad. and im sure a r title isnt as valuable as a normal title. the cards i would say are in your buddys fav.
thumb_up.gif

they want to get rid of that bike bad. and im sure a r title isnt as valuable as a normal title. the cards i would say are in your buddys fav.
thumb_up.gif
+1 chris, whith a R title and being an 04' you would think they would want to father his first child if he bought that bike.

just my
2cents.gif

Just remember that even if he buys it cheap, later when he decides to sell it, he will have to sell it cheap also.

The kat should be worth more than that if it is clean. Keep talking them down.

Wether that bike is in great shape or not, down the road it'll be a PITA to sell it. Not to mention insure it, if he could full coverage at all.

Michigan R title...

Prior to April 1990, "REBUILT"
April 1990 - February 2005, "THIS VEHICLE WAS PREVIOUSLY ISSUED A SALVAGE TITLE"
March 2005 to present, "REBUILT SALVAGE"

Basically insurance and buyers feel the odds of some issue erupting at some time is bound to happen.

In this case was caught in fire enough to burn plastics. That means wiring,hoses,etc... can become a problem later on. Rubber seals in carb/throttle body.... Brakes.... Yadda yadda... I would feel more comfortable with the bike if it had more miles on it since the fire. That way the issues would of already been worked out.

Sure can give warrenty,but that doesn't mean it won't have problems. 500mi down the road when brakes fail you not gonna be like "Glad it is covered!" More like "Oh S***!"

They a Stealership designed to take your money. You bring the bike back to them for warranty only means more $$ with them?

Burn jobs are freeking evil, I repaired several of them when I worked at a car dealer. As mentioned above things keep happening to them.

my dad bought a cbr1100xx last year as a commuter bike. it was a theft recovery but it still had a salvage title, after doing alot of reasearch and talking to our honda dealer we found out depending on the condition, the salvage title usually lowers the bike's worth $1000 to $1500 below book value. so with that in mind i think the dealer is high on his asking price and like others said it will be a PITA when it comes time for him to sell or trade the bike. Its one of those deals if he gets it he needs to keep it forever

Wether that bike is in great shape or not, down the road it'll be a PITA to sell it. Not to mention insure it, if he could full coverage at all.
eeeyup +1

I personally would never touch any vehicle with less than a good clear title.. just not worth the hassles down the road...

Back