What is my old bike worth?

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I am getting ready to sell my 1996 7R. It has 26,000 miles on the bike and about 6,000 on a rebuilt engine. It runs perfect and has never left me stranded.

It has some scratches on it, but nothing bad. It is ten years old. I saw one in cycle trader for 4,500 and I thought the guy was smoking crack.

Mods:
Full muzzy exhaust.
Lowered
Jetted
It did 117 HP and the rear wheel on the dyno.

I would appreciate anything you guys have to offer on price.

Here are some of the only pics I have of it.

Ninja__Small_.jpg

7R's are kinda scarce... Go to KBB.com and find out for yourself. I'd say keep it for a track bike.

7R's are kinda scarce... Go to KBB.com and find out for yourself.  I'd say keep it for a track bike.
I agree with Rev. This bike kinda falls into a category where if you found someone who really wanted one he might pay you $4,500. Other than that KBB says $3,905.00 retail value.

P.

kbb.com is good.. Also look at nada.com

Most dealerships go by NADA trade-in, retail data vs. KBB

Hope this helps..

I just seen one this weekend at the local stealership and they wanted 5999.00 a 1996 ZX7RR w/13,500 miles even though it is 10 years old if I had the money Id buy one...:D
biggrin.gif

Nice looking bike. Should be no problem finding a buyer, lots of guys looking for track bikes.

7r's are different for the simple thing they are heavy and lack power but you should be able to get someone to buy it for 4500 it is summer out and some one will want a new ride

Back