Adjustable Lowering Links

Jbaby1969

Registered
For those that have used them how did you go about making sure both sides were exactly the same height? Did you set the height on one side then snug the other side up to that height?

The most common type are the three hole links. If you can count to three, you can't screw them up. The threaded type offer more adjustment they need to be measured carefully.

Reactions: c10
The most common type are the three hole links. If you can count to three, you can't screw them up. The threaded type offer more adjustment they need to be measured carefully.
Yeah I should have specified what I meant by adjustable. I meant the threaded kind. I’ll break out the tape measure.

For those that have used them how did you go about making sure both sides were exactly the same height? Did you set the height on one side then snug the other side up to that height?

I have a set I got at Soupy's Preformance. I closed mine all the way. Measured them with a caliper. Adjust them to be even. Put them on the bike. Then counted rotations as I opened them up.

I still have a set of Soupy's for sale (shameless plug) I found when adjusting them, as you adjust one side and then go to the other you can feel it get tight. Thats when you know you've gone further than the other side. Back off a bit and it gets easier to turn. I bet you are within a turn or two of the other side.

I've also done the tighten all the way and then count turn thing too, but eventually I got it close enough by tightening till it got tight then backing off.

Back