Question

busa854

Donating Member
Registered
I have seen lowering links on ebay for 30 bucks that are adjustable. My question is if I were to install these, are they easily adjustable. And could they be adjusted to be close to the stock height? I would like to be able to lower my bike, but be able to return it to stock height fairly easily. Is this possible?

Use these.....and yes you will be able to lower and then go back to stock. Quick.

Lowering_links_007.gif

Where did you get those and how much? Also, how did you do the front? Is the fron easy to change back as well?

Where did you get those and how much?  Also, how did you do the front?  Is the fron easy to change back as well?
I got the links on Ebay......In order to do the front, you need a new triple clamp.... like this:  

I only have the rear lowered to level the bike out some.  The front is stock.

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125244445 -->

Triple_clamp.jpg

I have the same lowering links and I got them on Ebay for about $35 shipped. I also got the front lowering triple tree for about $185. I got the links from promachining and the triple from JDAcustoms. Both sellers have own stores.
Moderators I hope that isn't wrong, not advertising just trying to help.

Picture_006.jpg

Thanks guys, I will be ordering the links today. Devil Dog, do you have a pic of your bike with just the rear lowered?

He's speaking of the Reaper or Gen-Mar risers , both lift the top bar mount and allow the forks to be slid up into the trees

how low can you lower the front with  the stock "top plate"?
I can see some free space around the forks under there?
if you lossen the forks up can it go up any more? if so what would it be maybe aound 1/4 inch or so?

just wondering if this could be done?   I dropped the rear 1 inch and she turns  a little different now...  not sure if 1/4 inch would even help but thought I would ask? since this topic can up...  might save me some $$$ if this will work?

lmini001.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125270102 -->

Back