Addressing the Filter Issue

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
The flange on my kit was way too long for my liking.
It caused the filter to protrude out a rediculous amount. (IMHO)

I am modifing the flange and going with a smaller filter.
Hope to regain the ability to turn left as well as clean up the left side.

Cutting off as much as possible... probably 1.5 inches or so.
BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

The problem... see how far the filter hangs out the body work... try turning left.

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

thumbs-up.gif
Yeah that sounds like a good plan... Maybe there is a filter out there a little larger in diameter and thinner? I was thinking about your problem yesterday while poking around the web and was thinking that larger flat filter would be the way to go but based on where that turbo sit in relation to the plastics... I dunno... There just isn't much room to work with is there...

The real question though.... Are you having fun?

This might be the last thing you want to do, but....

Put an elbow on the flange so the filter is facing up instead of sideways and cut out a hole in your body work so (when pointing up) the side of the filter towards the bike is inside the bodywork. Air will still hit the outside of the filter.

If you want max air flow you can make a curved "reflector?" behind the filter that extends a little beyond the bodywork as well so air is vented all around the filter.... allowing for max air flow.

The real question though....  Are you having fun?
Yes... I will be having more fun once I get a couple more things corrected.

Thanks for the thoughts on the filter situation... I am absolutely open to ideas.
Ahh....nothing like a red Busa....cept a turbo'ed red Busa....me likey
tounge.gif
I gotta ask tho....is that the only air filter placement option for a turbo Busa? If that was my bike I'd hook up some tubing and re-route the filter somewhere a little better. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Man I bet she runs good tho now eh?
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

Have you contacted VR directly to see if they have any feedback, and what did Superkaos say about it?  I went to Velocity's website and the limited photos of bikes show the one on the home page set up like yours but the small pictures under the Stage II don't seem to show a filter at all.

<!--EDIT|r1R00KIE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105531939 -->

Back