Added another bike to my family!

Ludicrous Speed

Registered
You guys might remember the post I made about visiting a friends private motorcycle collection recently:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...lly-cool-motorcycle-collection-yesterday.html

Well, today I met him at his storage facility. I did not get any pics this time, but there was definitely some cool stuff there! Honda CX500 turbo, an old HD dirt bike with 169 miles on it! Some other stuff, too. But this is what I went for:

2012-08-27_17-04-37_87.jpg

1968 BSA Starfire 250. All original minus the grips and carb. The old british carbs were difficult to tune and rise, so people who did ride them swapped them to Mikuni's.

I am so stoked, my dad is gonna crap when I give this to him! We are trying to come up with an ingenious way to surprise him with it. My wife suggested going to the dragstrip, without his knowledge, while he is there taking pictures, and make a pass in front of him! Any other ideas??

Man that's slick as hell. Good buy and hope your pops enjoys it. :).

Reminds me of the video of the sons that stole their dads norton and had it rebuilt.

Park it at a local restaurant and go there to eat, lil family dinner. Make sure he sees it as you walk in, talk it up a bit over dinner and make sure he keeps thinking about it. Then, have a BSA keychain with the key and have the waitress put it in with the bill. Sit back and watch his eyes pop out of his head when he sees it:thumbsup:

Back