Accossato 19X18 Master cylinder Gen II hayabusa

exabits wouldnt it be better if the remote reservoir had the nipple on the side instead of under it? Cos the Brembo MC nipple seems to be pointed upwards??

One thing you are forgetting here, the Brembo, come with brake switch, as well as a basic fluid cup

exabits wouldnt it be better if the remote reservoir had the nipple on the side instead of under it? Cos the Brembo MC nipple seems to be pointed upwards??

Yes I think having the nipple on the side will help but it also depends on your mount location. In my case, it would've helped having nipple on the side, I didn't like the reservoirs I found with it like that though. The anodized red was important to me so I made it work. Also, GIXERHP the brembo RCS does NOT come with a reservoir, it does however come with a brake switch.

NEW INFO:

I think the quote I included above in post #10 was mis-worded by whoever the author is/was. According to Corey at Motomummy, the settings affect braking in the opposite manned as described in the Gixxer.com forum discussion.

Also spoke to a person by phone to clear up all the info for sure.

My email to Motomummy:
On 12/12/2013 4:47 AM, Contact Form wrote:
To: Momtomummy

I am comparing the Brembo RCS to the Accasato PRS. The PRS can be adjusted to 17,18 or 19. The Brembo 18 or 20.

Is the 18 setting about the same feel for each brand or is the mechanism between the two different enough that the same setting does not really mean the same thing?

I have two line SS brake line set ups on both of my bikes. Would your pressure sensor banjo bolt work with one of these master cylinders to enable the brake light?

Last, just to confirm, will this fit my Suzuki Hayabusa and my Kaw ZX-14. I know I will have to set up a fluid reservoir but is there a chance it may not fit the bar?

With teh Accosato, how does 17 compare to 18?

-----------------------------------------------------------
yes, the 18 is the same between the two. The 18 will take a little less pressure then the 20 for braking and gives more feedback. The 17 will take even less pressure and give even more feedback. Both on 18 will feel the same.

Yes, the pressure banjo switch will work with the Accossato perfectly. The 17 is very close to the 18, but it will takea tad less pressure for braking.
Corey
MotoMummy Staff

19x20 is the softest feel, more travel in the lever, less feedback (whatever feedback means).

19x18 is less travel and more feedback.

19x17 is the raciest setting. Even a bit less travel than the 19x18 and more feedback.

The setting of 18 is should be about the same feel with the Brembo or the Accosato.

The Accosato should fit any modern sportbike but you may need.

A pressure switch banjo bolt will work to enable the brake light. Motomummy has them...looks like they have the ones for a single coupling. If you have a three line setup (like stock) you may need to look around a bit but they are out there.

so i"m getting one. The Accosato PRS!!!! Sounds like the way to go if you want race performance and something more street friendly.

OMG!!!

:banghead:

sorry for all the back and forth info here but in the absence of any busa owners that actually run one these MCs, I'm trying to explain how this mod should improve braking performance through what I can find online or from the customer service people that sell them.

Now it seems the lower the number, the MORE travel of the lever....but somehow there is LESS pressure involved??!!! Well, at least it seems like Cory has used one of these so he should know what he is talking about.

Second email reply:

On 12/12/2013 10:28 AM,------wrote:
Sounds like there will be less travel in the brake lever with the 18 than the 20........and even less travel in the lever with the 17?
---------------------------------------
A little more travel the smaller number you go, but it takes less pressure to brake and you get more feedback.
Corey
MotoMummy Staff

I think the important thing is that the smaller the number the more race oriented the MC is.

Oh well, still the same here, I'm ordering one tonight.

Can't wrong with this. Manufactured by Accosato. several to choose from based on your brake line setup and bike.
Accossato Hydraulic Brake Light Switch Double Banjo 10x1.25 - BikeBandit.com

...but I am partial to this kind. I have one with my Sato rearsets I have on the busa. These switches are all the same but I like rubber boot on the top of the sensor. Looks cleaner than just the two wires coming out and then some plastic tube.
Spiegler Brake Light Switch Double Banjo Bolt from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Any of these brake light pressure switches can be had in 1 line or two line. I have two line from the MC for my aftermarket brake lines. The one line switches can be purchased for $7.

Chinese Reservoir costs less than the switch!

Let us know how you like it. For all that it costs, it is probably better to go all out and spend the money on a Brembo RCS so you can pick your setting. If the Accosato sale was on the 19 x 20, I'd buy it. I know I like the brakes on my ZX-14 and they have just a short travel before they are on hard. That feels better to me....I think I would be searching for the right spot if the travel was a lot more linear. ....IDK??? Maybe it is all just what you get used to. Heck, I have 2 hyperbikes....maybe I should just get the Accosato 19 x 18 and if I don't like it, I can go with a Brembo 19 x 20 or RCS for the other bike some day....afterall, these things will fit either bike. :dunno:

Well I got my first ride on the girl with the new Brembo setup a couple days ago. Wow...just, wow, the brakes are amazing. True 1 finger braking, just a little pinky pressure is all it takes for the front end to start diving. As you were talking about the short travel on your zx-14, that is just how this brembo setup is. They're very sensitive and on immediately, hitting the lever now is kinda like a on/off switch, kinda scary at first. A huge difference in initial bite, so much that I thought the bike was gonna stoppie the first couple stop signs. Few stops more and I was comfortable with them. Wow...oh, wow, did I mention the brakes are amazing?

Whether you go with the Brembo or Accossato MC, I'm sure you will be happy.

Oh and the brembo has come with a 2 wire brake light switch....it doesnt seem to be a hydraulic switch

This is a cool little piece I use on my setup...switch is in the end of it.

DSC00301_zps4c54d5c4.jpg

Whats the blue thingie? Where can I buy it from....put in my brembo RCS and the original Galfer lines worked....but had to really get under to get in the banjo

Will the older brake pads work? I have the EBC HH in already or do I need different kind of pads?

Back