Accossato 19X18 Master cylinder Gen II hayabusa

virkdoc

Registered
Hi guys motomummy has this amazing deal on the Accossato Brake 19x18 Master cyl. with folder lever for like $190 so was thinking of an upgrade and had a few questions???
1) Is this setup good for the busa?
2) Is it better than the original setup?
3) What extra stuff will I need?
4) Will the brake light work? Or will I need to add something more?
5) Will I have to get new lines....whatever i have read its said that we need longer lines.

Want to order everything in one package cos Im located in india and if some parts I miss out ill be stuck.
Thanks

I'm not too familiar with that brand but I know with Brembo Radial MC typically 19x20 is more for street riding and the 19x18 is more suited for track racing. Also a brake light switch/sensor is need and usually extra. But again that's Brembo so not positive about these. If you already have stainless steel lines they should fit because they typically run a tad bit longer than stock or at least that's the case with (Speigler) lines. Are you ordering them from MotoMummy? I think I got an email from them yesterday about this sale. The description said track use and aggressive street riding so does either or apply to your riding habits?

I also think Brembo do an adjustable master, goes from 18 to 20 with a dial... that maybe better if it's not just for the track

Yep was planning to order from motomummy...ok so I need a hydraulic brake switch...so will any switch fit or a particular brand? also will need a reservoir, tubing and some clamp to hold the reservoir I guess......

I think you can buy a "pressure switch" (turns the light on by pressure)
I'm going for the Brembo. It comes with the switch.
Resevoir and tubing is cheap. Heaps on eBay...

I think you can buy a "pressure switch" (turns the light on by pressure)
I'm going for the Brembo. It comes with the switch.
Resevoir and tubing is cheap. Heaps on eBay...
I saw this email from MM too and decided to come to spread the word.

Buy the reservoir with confidence. I got a Kawi style (urine sample cup) with beautiful anodized blue lid for about $16. Came from somewhere in China. Very nice looking. Have not installed to mt bike yet but only concern I have is that the rubber tubing is in fact the proper kind (think it's called 'tygon tubing') to be used with brake fluid. I'm not too worried but might be replacing the tubing anyway.

was planning to use on my 14, possibly to install as a rear brake fluid rez

IMHO, the Accosato Graphics Look a lot nicer than the Brembo. No idea how they compare for quality but I have heard of the Accosato a few years back and I believe the commentary was highly positive regarding how it stacks up to Brembo.

I may get one myself. However, I think the upgrade that will make the real dif is Brembo calipers. For street riding with occasional hard braking, I do not notice a bit of dif with SS lines and all the rest stock brake system. Always stopped the big girl but I have squeezed the lever to the grip in an emergency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some reading on other forums. Accosato was sometimes said to be inferior in quality and other times it was said to be equal.

The following comments apply to 600-750cc track bikes so I do not know if the same would go for a busa. The 19 x 18 has a softer feel--more travel and thus more like a dimmer switch whereas the 19 x 20 is a lot more like an on/off switch. I do not know why anyone would want a 20 unless they somehow make higher pressure or something.

Accossato vs Brembo : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
I just went to a Brembo 19x18 this year, and I love it with my Vesrah RJL's. I'm not going to say one brand is better than the other since I really don't know.

What I will say is that as you start braking deeper into the turns, you'll eventually start trail-braking deeper to the apex also. The difference in feel between the 19x18 and the 19x20 is what's going to give you the feedback you need for more precise control. The 19x20 is going to be more of an on/off switch (exagerated) than the dimmer of the 19x18.

This is what I've been told by MANY people who race and are trackday CR's. I didn't have the $$$ to personally try out both on my bike, so I may be full of **** here. All I know is that with the 19x18 Brembo, you can easily feel the difference between braking force with very minimal effort, and it modulates very well.

Any lever that fits a Brembo will also fit a Accosato.

There are front brake fluid pressure switch banjo bolts that will trigger the brake light. I have a rear brake light pressur switch banjo bolt for both of my bikes ( they both have rearsets installed) and they work well. I was able to find the pressure switch banjos from a variety of sources online and they are all cheap. Front switch prolly just as easy.

Same kind of commenst made about the 18 v the 20 MCs here too: which MC is better for the track!??? [Archive] - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

Magura is another MC manufacturer to check out.

The best way to go would be the Brembo RCS. Another $150 more but then you aren't wondering if you got the right thing for your needs. ....I may still get the Accosato. It's a nice deal and I think the performance will be as good as Brembo.

Well I just saw this thread and I can't say anything about the Accossato brand. I will say though, I just went to a Brembo RCS19 and the feel is far superior to the stock. I also changed to brembo monoblocks and SS lines though so I can't really comment purely on the MC. I also just received my fluid res's from china like posted in this thread already, they are pretty nice quality imo. Really though, I saw this thread and literally just installed the stuff today, so I gotta post a couple pics since it's too damn cold to test ride the thing. A couple push stops in the garage sure felt good though, lol...anyway, Pictures!!

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Well I just saw this thread and I can't say anything about the Accossato brand. I will say though, I just went to a Brembo RCS19 and the feel is far superior to the stock. ....

You have the Brembo calipers. I would bet that makes the brakes a lot better than the Tokicos on the older Gen 2s. With the Tokicos, I can lock the front but it takes about all the travel of the lever. That is what everyone has complained about since the Gen 1.

I'm wondering if the 19 x 18 MC is really going to be much of an improvement with the Tokico calipers. There already is too much travel with the stock MC.

I like the feel of a lot of initial bite. I'd go with an Accosato but I would be more inclined to try a 19 x 20.

xabits, can you comment on the diff between the 18 and the 20 adjustment with the RCS? Can you set between 18 and 20 or is it just 18 or 20?

beautiful busa, BTW!:thumbsup:

How tough was the install? And where did you get the reservoir from? and also the reservoir mount? How much did it cost?

Well I just saw this thread and I can't say anything about the Accossato brand. I will say though, I just went to a Brembo RCS19 and the feel is far superior to the stock. I also changed to brembo monoblocks and SS lines though so I can't really comment purely on the MC. I also just received my fluid res's from china like posted in this thread already, they are pretty nice quality imo. Really though, I saw this thread and literally just installed the stuff today, so I gotta post a couple pics since it's too damn cold to test ride the thing. A couple push stops in the garage sure felt good though, lol...anyway, Pictures!!

How tough was the install? And where did you get the reservoir from? and also the reservoir mount? How much did it cost?

Install was actually very easy and no hassle at all. The fluid res I got off ebay, Universal Motorcycle Front Brake Clutch Tank Cylinder Fluid Oil Reservoir Red | eBay, this exact one. There is alot to choose from though so I recommend doing a search on ebay for Universal Motorcycle Reservior and find the one you like. I chose the one I got because of the red mostly but I also got it because its got a lower profile then others. I didn't want to run into clearance issues, so that's what I ended up with, turned out great.

You have the Brembo calipers. I would bet that makes the brakes a lot better than the Tokicos on the older Gen 2s. With the Tokicos, I can lock the front but it takes about all the travel of the lever. That is what everyone has complained about since the Gen 1.

I'm wondering if the 19 x 18 MC is really going to be much of an improvement with the Tokico calipers. There already is too much travel with the stock MC.

I like the feel of a lot of initial bite. I'd go with an Accosato but I would be more inclined to try a 19 x 20.

xabits, can you comment on the diff between the 18 and the 20 adjustment with the RCS? Can you set between 18 and 20 or is it just 18 or 20?

beautiful busa, BTW!:thumbsup:

Well I can't really give a 100% answer to if the MC will improve it much by itself. As I did everything at the same time it's hard to judge. My opinion though is yes, your going to get the biggest improvement from the MC. I feel that the MC is really the heart of the whole setup. If I had these upgrades with the oem MC, I pretty much guarantee the brakes would feel just like OEM.....bad. As for the 18-20 adjustment, I took the dust cover off and looked at it :p, that's as far as I've gotten with it. I'm just a clutch MC and warm weather away from testing it. :)

Let us know how you like it. For all that it costs, it is probably better to go all out and spend the money on a Brembo RCS so you can pick your setting. If the Accosato sale was on the 19 x 20, I'd buy it. I know I like the brakes on my ZX-14 and they have just a short travel before they are on hard. That feels better to me....I think I would be searching for the right spot if the travel was a lot more linear. ....IDK??? Maybe it is all just what you get used to. Heck, I have 2 hyperbikes....maybe I should just get the Accosato 19 x 18 and if I don't like it, I can go with a Brembo 19 x 20 or RCS for the other bike some day....afterall, these things will fit either bike. :dunno:

perhaps you missed this...?

Accasato 3 setting PRS adjustable 17/18/19 $230 ($140 off)
https://www.motomummy.com/master-cylinders/accossato-brake-prs-19x17/18/19-adjustable-master-cyl.-with-folder-lever/

This is just about doin' it for me boys. I'm slipping.....damn, just put those Pazzo shorties on...haven't even used them yet.

Motomummy ad
Accossato PRS System Adjustable Ratio Brake Master Cylinder 19x17-18-19 with Folding Lever

Patented PRS system allows you to move through 3 different settings with the same master cylinder
Unlike other products that only offer 2 options, our PRS system allows to move from 19x17 up to 19x19
Folding lever minimizes damage in case of unintentional rider separation

Adjusts from 19 x 17, 19 x 18 or 19 x 19

that's sounds close enough to the Brembo RCS for me (maybe even better). About a third less $$ than Brembo and flashier lookin graphics.

I just need to see how a reservoir would hook up and if I can find a single banjo pressure switch for my two line front brake setup. now that I mention, seems like a plain old banjo pressure switch like I have on my rear brake master cyl would be exactly what I need....just have to get the proper pitch....

also need to find out about what the 19 x 17 setting is like....even more feedback, I would guess ....hmmmmmmmm---hmmmmmm? will report soon.

Back