Accidentally ripped off portion of tank sticker on new bike? What to do?

Well my friend I couldn't disagree with you more. Those bikes are very different to ride, maybe not better but certainly different. I understand that if you don't learn a product you can like anything but the differences between the liter bikes is pretty well defined these days. I don't get spending that much money on anything without educating yourself on the finer features and capabilities.
I’m sure for a very well experienced rider with many more miles of riding you could probably tell the difference but when you can’t even test ride a motorcycle and all you have to go by are reviews and comparisons online your choices are limited. I did like the different modes so right now after 9 years of no riding I keep it in mode and I think it’s more newbie friendly than a sv650. As I ride more I will slowly switch to mode 2 than finally 1 where it opens up all the way. My 2006 Hayabusa had no anti lock brakes, power modes, torque control, wheelie control, etc like these new bikes do.

Well my friend I couldn't disagree with you more. Those bikes are very different to ride, maybe not better but certainly different. I understand that if you don't learn a product you can like anything but the differences between the liter bikes is pretty well defined these days. I don't get spending that much money on anything without educating yourself on the finer features and capabilities.
I disagree aswell - strongly.
I own a busa and a zx 14. They couldnt be more different in almost every aspect! Only thing what makes them similar is the power. (same goes with the liter bikes!)
( the same by the way for the cars- yes they range about the same in price and class- but are they different?- hell yes!)

I look at this slightly differently I guess.

The ZX14R and Hayabusa are in direct competition (or used to be) with each other so it only seems natural they would be similar in how they deliver performance. Of course they are different but their purpose is the same.

This also goes for all the liter bikes, their purpose is the same and they were all born on a race track in the same category so their performance will naturally be similar yet different as each company tries to maintain an "edge" over the others. Paint them all white, take off all markings and it would be a challenge to identify which is which to many people.

I find cars to be very different as there are no "stock style" cars racing. NASCAR vehicles are not even similar to anything you can buy whereas Superbike race bikes are very similar to what you can buy.

GP bikes are on the same level as Formula cars IMO.

I know for a fact each company has copies of the bikes from other companies and probably test the crap out of them trying to find ways to beat them.

Ok but it is scary people can't tell the difference between a v4 and an inline 4 if not from the power delivery then the sound at least. The Ducati Pinagale feels like no other bike, explosive and angry - not to mention super uncomfortable. The GSXR 1K is smooth and flowing with a nice bottom. The BMW is so strong it feels like the engine is a 1300 not a liter. Handling is different between them too, especially brakes.

Haven't ridden an Aprilia or Yamaha.

Ok but it is scary people can't tell the difference between a v4 and an inline 4 if not from the power delivery then the sound at least. The Ducati Pinagale feels like no other bike, explosive and angry - not to mention super uncomfortable. The GSXR 1K is smooth and flowing with a nice bottom. The BMW is so strong it feels like the engine is a 1300 not a liter. Handling is different between them too, especially brakes.

Haven't ridden an Aprilia or Yamaha.

Just by appearance they are all similar, sound and power delivery is a whole other thing. Put them all in a parking lot, paint them white with no marking and have people stand 100ft away and tell you which is which, most won't be able to do this-even experienced motorcyclists I'll bet.

My point was all these liter bikes were designed to compete against each other, the fact they are different is a direct result of their trying to dominate each other.

The Beemer is strong but oddly enough isn't dominating everything on the race track...they do well however.

I think a lot of sport bike guys can tell them apart even painted the same and at a distance. The fairings alone are pretty distinctive. BMW does not compete in the upper levels of organized racing but they are pretty dominate at the club level. They claim they race to develop better bikes, so all the control ECUs and engines make it not worth the effort as BMW sees it.

Back