Accidentally ripped off portion of tank sticker on new bike? What to do?

umairhashmi

Registered
Got Bird poop on the bike and made the mistake of using a pressure washer. It took off a portion of the tank decal. Can I just order that decal only and have it installed? Most people wont notice it but I see it every time I get on it and on a brand new bike with 50 miles its driving me nuts. What to do?

Sticker Ripped.jpg

Got Bird poop on the bike and made the mistake of using a pressure washer. It took off a portion of the tank decal. Can I just order that decal only and have it installed? Most people wont notice it but I see it every time I get on it and on a brand new bike with 50 miles its driving me nuts. What to do?

View attachment 1604099
I'd take it to the dealer and see if they can get the particular decal or if a whole kit needs to be ordered...

Barring that, a graphic shop should be able to make and install that deal, it looks pretty straightforward.

At least a lesson was learned, no pressure washers on bike paint. Bird crap comes off easily enough with a damp cloth placed on it for a bit to loosen it up then wipe away.

I personally never use a pressure washer on my bike.

View attachment 1604099
Sounds a little extreme to use a pressure washer for bird poop, but you should be able to order a replacement decal. OEM decals are pretty expensive, considering what you get. Online OEM parts sellers have the parts fiche and you can order from them or just go to your dealer.

Yeah should be able to get a decal kit, definitely don’t use a pressure washer. Short term you could put a motorcycle related sticker of some sort right on that spot until you fix it

Talked to the GM of the Honda powersports store. He will order the OEM decal and installed it will cost me $50. Learnt a lesson I guess. I use the pressure washer on my zo6 all the time with no issue. How about using the pressure wash just on the chain and sprocket when cleaning off gunk.

Talked to the GM of the Honda powersports store. He will order the OEM decal and installed it will cost me $50. Learnt a lesson I guess. I use the pressure washer on my zo6 all the time with no issue. How about using the pressure wash just on the chain and sprocket when cleaning off gunk.
The best and safest way to clean your chain and sprockets is using kerosene and a brush, then wipe it clean with a rag, dry it and lube it.
Pressure washers are too invasive.

Glad you can get it fixed inexpensively..

I wouldn't use it on your chain either as the high pressure water can defeat o rings and ruin the chain. I use kerosene to clean the chain and sprockets.

I also use automotive soap and water to wash the bike if necessary-don't use dish soap like people I know....

Yep, a guy I know that mows grass for a living used to pressure wash the mower top and bottom and was always having bearing go bad on the mower deck. I told him he was washing the grease out even though the bearing are sealed, well they're supposed to be but not from 2300 psi of soapy water, so yeah don't pressure wash stuff with bearings too!!

Sorry to tell you guys this but I wash my bike once a week in the car wash stalls in the summer. The pressure is not a problem just don't focus it on anything sensitive for long. Clean the chain by hand and polish up the fairings by hand. By the time I ride home it's mostly dry, just some quick hand work to dry it completely. Makes for a clean bike quick.

Sorry to tell you guys this but I wash my bike once a week in the car wash stalls in the summer. The pressure is not a problem just don't focus it on anything sensitive for long. Clean the chain by hand and polish up the fairings by hand. By the time I ride home it's mostly dry, just some quick hand work to dry it completely. Makes for a clean bike quick.

Have you done this with the new paint yet?

I never use a pressure washer on any of my vehicles...

Lesson learned why the hell did you buy a Honda?
The price was good and compared to the other liter bikes it just felt a tad more comfortable. The biggest thing was that it matched my car's color perfectly. I know at the extreme performance level of sportbike riding professional riders can probably tell the difference but my days of weaving in and out of traffic, running from law enforcement, etc are behind me. I want something that is fun, fairly comfortable and looks good. When I look at at literbikes or even mid size sedan cars they are pretty much the same thing for the average person. I have worked in the auto industry for 10 years and when I look at a toyota camry, nissan altima or a honda accord its like comparing Home Depot to Lowes or CVS to WalGreens. Different names but pretty much the same thing once you walk in. For me the zx14 vs hayabusa or in Literbikes R1 vs GSXR1000 vs CBR1000RR vs ZX10R to the average rider arent much different. Buy the one you like looks wise and can get the best deal on. I had a friend going crazy about whether he should lease a c class mercedes, 3 series bmw or an Audi a4. I asked him which car he liked the most looks wise and which one had the lowest monthly lease payment. 3 months later he is happier than a pig in poop with his A4.

67817661_10156386393836696_5131411528355938304_n.jpg

The price was good and compared to the other liter bikes it just felt a tad more comfortable. The biggest thing was that it matched my car's color perfectly. I know at the extreme performance level of sportbike riding professional riders can probably tell the difference but my days of weaving in and out of traffic, running from law enforcement, etc are behind me. I want something that is fun, fairly comfortable and looks good. When I look at at literbikes or even mid size sedan cars they are pretty much the same thing for the average person. I have worked in the auto industry for 10 years and when I look at a toyota camry, nissan altima or a honda accord its like comparing Home Depot to Lowes or CVS to WalGreens. Different names but pretty much the same thing once you walk in. For me the zx14 vs hayabusa or in Literbikes R1 vs GSXR1000 vs CBR1000RR vs ZX10R to the average rider arent much different. Buy the one you like looks wise and can get the best deal on. I had a friend going crazy about whether he should lease a c class mercedes, 3 series bmw or an Audi a4. I asked him which car he liked the most looks wise and which one had the lowest monthly lease payment. 3 months later he is happier than a pig in poop with his A4.

View attachment 1604152
Well my friend I couldn't disagree with you more. Those bikes are very different to ride, maybe not better but certainly different. I understand that if you don't learn a product you can like anything but the differences between the liter bikes is pretty well defined these days. I don't get spending that much money on anything without educating yourself on the finer features and capabilities.

View attachment 1604152

Oooh, in highway patrol RED! :laugh: A buddy has that exact car color and all. He also uses a radar detector.:D

View attachment 1604152
I disagree aswell - strongly.
I own a busa and a zx 14. They couldnt be more different in almost every aspect! Only thing what makes them similar is the power. (same goes with the liter bikes!)
( the same by the way for the cars- yes they range about the same in price and class- but are they different?- hell yes!)

View attachment 1604152

If you wanted red you could have copied me.

20190822_120908.jpg

Back