ABS LIGHT STAYS ON after rear tire change.

my ;) rules (for bikes)
to avoid such rubbish job as the OP experienced:

no one should let a only-tire-on-rim-mechanic at a standard tire dealer put out/in a wheel at his bike

everybody should have the manual ´08-´17 with ALL mechanical info (any torques) for all gen2-models

everybody should have the tools (3/8"&1/2" ratchet box, torque wrenches as 50-150 nm, 4-20 nm and so on) to put out and in a wheel correctly with prescribed torques

everybody should have the tools to stand the bike save and upright at home

no one should be too lazy to do the "put-the-wheel-out/-in job" himself

and the heck - at definitely ALL ! bikes, equipped with abs, the very! first! thing to do is to dismount the respective abs-sensor and hang it aside before starting to loose any other screw/nut for pulling the wheel (front/ rear never matters - action is allways the same) and then re-mounting that sensor at the very last.

every bike mechanic should know this - if not knowing / if not paying attention to the sensor this mechanic
is a damn bitch - kick his a$$ and flee that shop instantly
or
if it was a suzuki shop make the biggest trouble you are able to - directly with the boss / owner but never with a subaltern! he just shrugs his shoulders and continues just as sloppily as before.

Update * my bike is 100% again. just that crack on sensor. part on picture. I would go back if it was comepetely broken but everything working fine again. I am just not going there again.
Glad that’s all it was. It would bothered me to ride around knowing that my $100 dollars abs sensor is cracked, specially if I had a newer bike. Not due to safety reasons, but it would bug me.

I take my rims off at home and go to the shop for them to change the tires out, this way I know everything is put back together right....

The shop I go to used to be a Suzuki dealership which sold Hayabusas at one time....as soon as the mechanics learn the tires are for a Hayabusa, they get all strange and giddy like they are handling the Holy Grail....I find that kind of funny.

Every time I take the bike there to get something or other, they generally all come out at various times and nonchalantly eye-ball the bike.

Makes me feel good to know they still love the Hayabusa bikes...

Tada found them

20201127_161448_resized.jpg

(...) Not due to safety reasons, (...)
man?

when ever the abs light stays on, when riding faster than 6mph,
the abs-pump never will "rattle" your hand lever / footpad - the abs-function is "off" - read the abs-part of the 2013 manual exactly.

only the standard brake function then is guaranteed,
even if the abs is in an "off" modus.

Back