Longer ABS rear lead throwing codes

mhp

Registered
I've just installed a longer arm on a 2015 busa and made the rear ABS cable longer
Now the ABS light stays on & is showing code c41
I've doubled checked all connections etc Bike starts & runs fine (its a UK model)
Any ideas?

Unfortunately there is very limited info here on the Gen2 ABS.
The ABS does operate seperately from the bike's ecu, as in the ABS has it's own controller.
The UK model also has an ignition immobilizer, the US does not. That is the only difference, and I'm not saying that it's related either.

C41 is a fuel pump code. That should also be unrelated.
Have you disconnected the battery?
A bad ground? Sounds more like a gremlin.

I would contact the manufacturer of the brake line.

Hi mhp, if you can get hold of a wiring diagram for your bikes year you could trace the wires from the rear ABS cable to see if they go to the fuel pump being as the c41 code is showing, I cant see why they would but I had a short on my bike a few months ago and believe me some wiring goes the long way round to get to its destination. I would certainly first of all disconnect both battery terminals and leave them disconnected for 15 minutes or so, then re-connect the terminals and see if the codes have gone.

Hi mhp, if you can get hold of a wiring diagram for your bikes year you could trace the wires from the rear ABS cable to see if they go to the fuel pump being as the c41 code is showing, I cant see why they would but I had a short on my bike a few months ago and believe me some wiring goes the long way round to get to its destination. I would certainly first of all disconnect both battery terminals and leave them disconnected for 15 minutes or so, then re-connect the terminals and see if the codes have gone.

Never a bad idea to disconnect the battery when working on electrical; but the gen2 ecu
does not store codes.
Codes are only present while they are flashing/displayed on the dash.
The battery would only need to be disconnected momentarily for a reset as well, no need to wait 15 minutes.:beerchug:

Back