A word to the wise

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
an email someone sent me..........I believe the fines go with the violation that are below it.

A word to the wise

I haven't checked each and every one of these with Snope but I do know someone who will.

California needs money, so pay close attention to the rules of the road!

Traffic Tickets Fines (Effective 01/06/2010)

Violation
Total Fine Due

VC 12814.6
$214

Failure to obey license provisions.

VC 14600(A)
$214

Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days

Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.

VC 16028(A)
$796

Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance)

Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.

VC 21453(A)
$436

Failure to stop at a red signal.

VC 22350
$214

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350
$328

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450
$214

Failure to stop at a stop sign.

VC 22454(A)
$616

Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.

VC 23123(A)
$148

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, First offense

VC 23123(A)
$256

Drive using wireless phone not hands free, For each subsequent offense.

VC 23123.5(A)
$148

Drive while wireless device to send, read or write text.

VC 23124(B)
$148

Minor drive using wireless phone.

VC 22500(I)
$976

Parking in a bus loading area.

VC 22507.8(A through C)
$976

Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.

VC 22507.8(A through C)
$1876

Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.

VC 26708(A)
$178

Unlawful material on vehicle windows..

VC 27150(A and B)
$178

Adequate muffler required

VC 27315(D and E)
$148

Mandatory use of seat belts.

VC 27360(A and B)
$436

Mandatory use of child passenger restraints

Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.

VC 27400
$178

Headsets/Earplugs over both ears.

VC 27803 (A through C)
$178

Motorcycle safety helmet requirements.

VC 34506.3
$616

Commercial Driver - Log book violation

VC 4000(A)
$256

No evidence of current registration.

VC 4159
$178

Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.

VC 5200
$178

Display of license plates.

VC 9400 (A through C)
$178

Commercial weight fees due.

Last edited:
Yeah..it is no joke out here with the "Governator" trying to diminish the huge budget deficit...I passed a guy in what I thought was a legal fashion...he was doing 45 in a 55 mph zone and I went past him at 70 mph (on radar) and I got pulled over for going over the posted speed limit as I passed him. Cop told me I was only allowed to pass up to the posted speed limit...I said I have never heard such a thing in all my life. He said he wouldn't have given me a ticket if I hadn't exceeded his 10 miles over the posted:whistle: I was flabbergasted...I was called in to work on my off day at the hospital due to staffing shortage...told the cop about that and he just looked at me as if to say..."and how is that my problem"...looks like I worked that day for free...cost of ticket approx 380 dollars for passing a guy legally at 15 mph faster than posted speed limit...bummer..2hip

$1800+ for parking in a handicapped spot? If I were a jerk and did that, you better believe Im slamming my leg in the door when I see a cop coming

that will add up to some serious coin

Yep an don't think that for one second that all those fines will help one bit.... the reason our states our in the hole is because the politicians are stealing the states blind..:laugh: Just cause they do it legally or quiyely doesn't make it right :whistle:

Yeah..it is no joke out here with the "Governator" trying to diminish the huge budget deficit...I passed a guy in what I thought was a legal fashion...he was doing 45 in a 55 mph zone and I went past him at 70 mph (on radar) and I got pulled over for going over the posted speed limit as I passed him. Cop told me I was only allowed to pass up to the posted speed limit...I said I have never heard such a thing in all my life. He said he wouldn't have given me a ticket if I hadn't exceeded his 10 miles over the posted:whistle: I was flabbergasted...I was called in to work on my off day at the hospital due to staffing shortage...told the cop about that and he just looked at me as if to say..."and how is that my problem"...looks like I worked that day for free...cost of ticket approx 380 dollars for passing a guy legally at 15 mph faster than posted speed limit...bummer..2hip

just because you are passing someone, doesnt make it lawful to speed.

These fines are just about in line with the fines here in Iowa...I write a few big ones every now and then...no insurance 556.25$(321.20B) cause an accident with no insurance 1072.50$(321.20B), speeding in a work zone 2085$(321.285)...oh and to add more salt in the wound...its gonna cost ya 5$ on each ticket because Im county...Biggest SINGLE ticket to be written in Iowa...10185$ (321.208A) Improper use of a school bus or driver out of service. :rulez:

And dont forget Cali is gettin ready to save money by turning all the non-violent offenders loose....:rofl:
Cant afford to keep them in jail meanwhile they want to rape honest folks financially.

That just sounds like another horrible way to make money. We are all hurting for money and they think the only way to raise money is to make us suffer even more.

They seem high but I think school zone and school bus related items should start at $1,000 and go north from there. That 8 year old is trusting it is safe to cross infront of the bus with all those lights flashing.

Just my 2cents

Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.

VC 22350
$328

VC 22349

Unsafe Speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.

VC 22450
$214

??? Anyone else see this as being a bit backwards? Or maybe they're just expecting more people to fall in the 1-15 range, so they'll be able to give out more tickets at the higher cost?

Back