A Word to the wise.

hello to all. I'm new to the site and fairly new to my big bad black busa. I've spent quite a while checking this site (great site) and haven't found if anyone can suggest an aftermarket repair for the sprag gear starter problem with the 02' busa's. Found a company in the UK (bigccracing.com)that sells a nice looking kit to retrofit my bike. last night it started making a BAD grinding sound when I tried to start it. push started it and rode home. hoping, begging and groveling that someone will know if I can buy something like this in the states. here in Hillbillyville, Tx. my Suzuki only sells 4-wheelers now. I asked him about the problem and he stood there like a goat looking at a wristwatch. told me i should go get online or something. any help would be appreciated.

2001 Busa top end problem

I have a 2001 busa that have 52,000 miles and just recently wont go over 10,000 rpm's in 5th or 6th gear. Busa wont go over 160 mph..

Called my dealer and suzuki direct...neither one had any data on a recall or service post....mind posting the info on your dealer that did this for you?

Nightmare this thread is ten years old and almost all who posted in it are lonnnnnnng gone.
Sorry

Thanks for the info on the recall. Although I have a 2008, just bought it a month ago, I decided to check if there were any recalls on my year, and yes, there were 2, one for circuit board regulator/rectifier (called local shop & it was performed 5 years ago) and 2nd was for the ignition switch lead wire which wasn't performed & they will order the part & replace it for free. If it wasn't for your info, I wouldn't have checked the recalls for my bike. Thank you very much & Aloha.

Although this thead is years old, I am very happy you found the information useful. this one of the reasons we keep everything. You never know when someone may find a little nugget tuckedo away in a thread that helps them. Glad you got your bike in order, and welcome.

Although this thead is years old, I am very happy you found the information useful. this one of the reasons we keep everything. You never know when someone may find a little nugget tuckedo away in a thread that helps them. Glad you got your bike in order, and welcome.
I still have my Harley which I am currently selling, over 40 years riding (25 on Harley's), rode a VMAX for a couple of years, awhile back & their group VMOA were very helpful like this forum. I can do all the work on my Harley but electronics on the Busa worries me. Just to let everyone know, although I get some ribbing from my Harley friends, I don't regret buying a Busa, it's what I wanted since '99 but never made the move, now that I have, it's an awesome bike to own & ride. Lastly, just wanted to share something else, rode with some friends on Sunday, stopped @ our favorite beach park, with a Harley FXR, a corvette & an old street rod (English Anglia) & my Busa, to my amazement the tourist was only interested in taking pictures of my bike, awesome!

Very cool and thank you for sharing. The Hayabusa attracts attention like no other bike I have seen. Let us know how we can help , there is wealth of knowledge here.

I still have my Harley which I am currently selling, over 40 years riding (25 on Harley's), rode a VMAX for a couple of years, awhile back & their group VMOA were very helpful like this forum. I can do all the work on my Harley but electronics on the Busa worries me. Just to let everyone know, although I get some ribbing from my Harley friends, I don't regret buying a Busa, it's what I wanted since '99 but never made the move, now that I have, it's an awesome bike to own & ride. Lastly, just wanted to share something else, rode with some friends on Sunday, stopped @ our favorite beach park, with a Harley FXR, a corvette & an old street rod (English Anglia) & my Busa, to my amazement the tourist was only interested in taking pictures of my bike, awesome!
Nice read, are u on Oahu?

Back