word to the wise

busa1300nut

Registered
Went for a good 250 + mile ride today, and all of sudden, a 100 miles from home, I here this Griiiiiiiind, pulled over to have a look. and the back pads are TOAST. Well, I did my best to not touch the back breaks on the way home, but we all know that old habits are hard to break. Well, long story short, if anyone has a good oem rotar 4 sale cheap, please PM me, or post up here please.

I am positive someone has them here, but when I head up to Smithers Cusoms tomorrow Ill ask him if he has any...which is always a yes. he has parts galore in his shed of Busa OEM's

I agree about checking your rear wear. Jinkster made us aware that his were toast at 8K. I hardly ever use my rear brake other than a light transisition before applying the fronts. I just upgraded my system and when I took of the rears they were at about 15% left. I have 6K miles on my bike. CHECK YOUR REARS!!!!

the most use my rear brake gets is at the red lights when i feel like sitting up for a few seconds and let go of the front brake... to many bad things happen to those that rely on their rear brakes... namely in times of emergency stopping...

(TallTom @ Mar. 08 2007,07:21) I agree about checking your rear wear.  Jinkster made us aware that his were toast at 8K.  I hardly ever use my rear brake other than a light transisition before applying the fronts.  I just upgraded my system and when I took of the rears they were at about 15% left.  I have 6K miles on my bike.  CHECK YOUR REARS!!!!
I'll check when i get home. Good points, here.

Yep, I check mine 1 month ago and they looked fine. Checked them again last week and they were down to the metal.

rear brake? ....wtf is that?

all_coholic.gif

I have about 11K miles and still on the factory pads back there.

Back