A Little Help Please! Missfire Issue.

dandraven

Registered
So, I have a 06 busa. recently it started running a little rough. I checked the plugs and they indicated a slight rich condition but also had an excessive gap, so I replaced them. the bike still runs as if it is missing on 1 cylinder but if I raise the tank within 15-20 seconds it smooths out and runs fine. When I put the tank down 15-20 seconds later the "missfire" returns. I have checked for vacuum leaks and pinched fuel line, dont see an indication of any. The tank is 3/4 full.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Probably a fuel line, that's all that's changing with the raising of the tank. If they're the original lines you might need to replace them.

thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to remove the tank, check the pump and filter when I get off of work tonight. If it is a pump issue Im looking at a AEM high flow replacement. (part # 50-1000) Has anyone replaced their pump with an AEM unit?

well I took the tank off, drained the fuel and noticed some sand. We pulled the fuel pump out and cleaned the filter (was dirty but not overly so) reassembled everything. Put a gallon of ethanol free 91 in it and it started right up smooth as silk. gonna run her tomorrow and let you all know the outcome.

well took the bike out and put about 20 miles down but everything seems to be working fine, going to put in a hundred or so Sunday. thanks for the recommendations.

Back