I may be running rich - is this normal?? help

Danno$$

Registered
Ok, I cant stand it anymore so Im posting this!. I have a 07 stock busa, 10k miles. only thing iv done is change oil and filter several times. gauge shows in the 40's mpg, but for the longest I smell a strong exhaust. Do you guys think the busa puts out a little rich exhaust smell or do I have a prob. Bike runs great. I would say 150 miles per tank in town. But has the rich smell of gas in the exhaust. I am thinking of changing plugs and checking air filter... let me know of any advice thanks!!!

I average 29ish. 40 is great. Don't think you running rich. I smell exhaust fumes. but hey the mufflers are what 2feet from your sitting position? Maybe compare it to another busa? Maybe a bike night location? Other peoples noses might give you peace of mind.

If I got under 30mpg I would be looking awful close at my bike to see wtf was wrong... I usually show 40-42 mpg (19-24?? I would be looking extra hard)

If I got under 30mpg I would be looking awful close at my bike to see wtf was wrong... I usually show 40-42 mpg (19-24?? I would be looking extra hard)

nah,I know why i get such terrable mileage.my bike is mapped for nos and i ride it like i stole it most of the time,I didnt buy it to worry about the gas mileage,my damn truck gets 12mpg

Last edited:
danno$$, i've got the 07 as well with 5k on the odometer and i smell it all the time. still getting great gas mileage so the heck wit it. i've even added the shortys and tre with no remap yet and still between 40 and 44 when taken it easy. 34 to 38 when doin what i do:cheerleader:

nah,I know why i get such terrable mileage.my bike is mapped for nos and i ride it like i stole it most of the time,I didnt buy it to worry about the gas mileage,my damn truck gets 12mpg
well bring it down to the Bash.... we ride like little old ladies all the time and so your mileage will get better I am sure.. (if you can keep up) :whistle:

together i get close to 40mpg:laugh:

083108_10281.jpg

OK thanks guys, i spoke with the service guy at suzu, and he said the busa will have a rich smell b/c of how its designed. Im just not used to it.

you can check your crank case vent hose. you might be getting some fumes from it if it came off.

Back