A/F in different gears

V8Pinto

Registered
Is it normal to see a leaner A/F ratio in lower gears vs. the upper gears?  

Second gear looks to be around 13:1 and 3rd gear looks to be aroung 12.8:1.  I haven't run 4th and 5th to redline but they appear to be richer than 3rd.  

Are EGT's higher in the lower gears?  Just curious what effects are going on here.

I'm running a TRE and PC on a Gen I Busa (shouldn't be seeing different maps per gear).

Second gear looks to be around 13:1 and 3rd gear looks to be aroung 12.8:1.  I haven't run 4th and 5th to redline but they appear to be richer than 3rd.  

Are EGT's higher in the lower gears?  Just curious what effects are going on here.

I'm running a TRE and PC on a Gen I Busa (shouldn't be seeing different maps per gear).
Get the PCIII HUB and you can dial in fuel trims by gear...
thumb_up.gif

the Factory ecu does alot of things the pc has no control over & you don't necessarily understand on gear changes,timing,fuel changes according to engine temps,water temps,air intake and this are just some of the reasons you see different a/f..You don't need a bike at 13:1 A/F WHEN IDILING OR CRUISING ALONG ARE YOU WILL GET SURGING AND HAVE HEATING ISSUES..I HOPE YOU GET WHAT I'M SAYING,IF NOT TUNER SHOULD BE ABLE TO BETTER EXPLAIN FACE TO FACE.

Running the TRE could be jacking with it.

The factory ECU makes changes per gear for many reasons. Also engine load is heavier. It will react differently with the same fuel injector dwell time in first gear than say 5th gear.
I think you need to ditch the TRE and tune the bike accordingly. Either Flash the ECU to remove the speed limiter in 6th (absolute first choice) or mod the GPS so it sends 1-2-3-4-5-5 signal to the ECU.
Like GPW said, adding an usb hub to the mix and can allow you to offset the A/F based on the gear. Also, your optimal A/F may be different per gear as well.

TRE is the frist thing to get rid of
and because the Busa does not have a pressure sensor in the Air box unless you are logging A/F 12.8 won't work over 170 mph

Back