dyno pull questions

next time?????
how many times you going to run it.
you need to find a new tuner

I don't have a tuner, I'm tweaking my map at home, seeing how it drives on the street and when I feel comfortable with the changes i go put on the dyno to see if the a\f is ok. Johnny I think you now the guy I'm using, James @ Extreme Powersports - nice guy.

I don't have a tuner, I'm tweaking my map at home, seeing how it drives on the street and when I feel comfortable with the changes i go put on the dyno to see if the a\f is ok. Johnny I think you now the guy I'm using, James @ Extreme Powersports - nice guy.

this is sort of a hazardous method IMO... if you take the bike to be dyno'd, you should just have them do the map.. The tuning link software does a fine job of A/F control from what I have seen on the run sheets.. (and heck of a lot less chance of hurting your motor..)

point taken, so far changes have all been +'s. I was just getting discuraged with the numbers, thank for the info. I'll keep tweaking my map and see if I can't safely squeeze some ponies out of it. BTW I'm running 10lbs on a stock motor with 20k anything I should worry about? So far so good though, haven't heard it knock or lean out on the dyno.
I don't beleve you will get away with 10 lbs for long unless pulling timing makes that much differance could be partly why the low HP numbers, generaly you cant get away with more than 6psi of boost with stock comp

I do 6th gear pulls with turbos to get a good load on motor and makes it spool,na and nos bikes I use 4th gear..Power adders are different and you dyno accordingly...

+2....except for boosted apps not making more than 230hp or just using 5-6psi then I will use 4th for them as well. I strap the crap out of bikes anyway and adjust tire pressure accordingly.

I don't do 5th gear pulls as the HP #s do change from the timing change in 5th gear. Plus more timing with boosted or nitrous oxide can be hazardous to your bikes health.

c'mon guys no need to get ugly:beerchug:, I really appriciate all the info. To be honest I really felt like the bike should have been dyno'd in a lower gear (but thats just me). Here's whats interesting to me, the guy thats running the dyno for me never asked me if the bike had stock gearing or if I changed sprockets. Should that be a factor he needs to calculate into the dyno software, because my bike does not have stock gearing.
The dyno knows your RPM, the MPH and so can tell you the gearing... all the dyno really does is measure torque... (or the motors ability to do work) that work can be checked at a high rate of speed or a low rate of speed but it is still the same amount of work..

IE: if you walk one mile or you run 1 mile, you still do the same amount of work (and burn the same number of calories) one takes 15 minutes to measure, the other 7 minutes.. the dyno can do it almost instantly on the fly.. (gotta love computers) :)

hey thanks alot, that was a good explanation on how a dyno works and a lot clearer to me now. I sure would like someone to send me a PCII map, I want to compare what others are doing to what I have come up with so far, thanks again everyone.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back