99 hayabusa lucky strike

Where are you in Romania? City? etc.

What is your native language there? Does everyone know English as well as you?
What is the price of Gasoline there? Do you use dollars or another type of currency?

building in the snow sucks. ??? Do you store the bike outside? or did I miss what you were saying?

Romanian is the national language ,I myself am British but I have lived here about 14yrs ,11 yrs. in the capital Bucharest and 2yrs in Iasi ,building a huge housing project ,gas prices are huge one of the highest in Europe 1.27 euros per ltr about 10 bucks a gallon which sucks as the average Romanian earns peanuts. yes you did get it wrong I park my bike in a fully heated garage along with my car it makes a great escape when I am in the doghouse..

Romanian is the national language ,I myself am British but I have lived here about 14yrs ,11 yrs. in the capital Bucharest and 2yrs in Iasi ,building a huge housing project ,gas prices are huge one of the highest in Europe 1.27 euros per ltr about 10 bucks a gallon which sucks as the average Romanian earns peanuts. yes you did get it wrong I park my bike in a fully heated garage along with my car it makes a great escape when I am in the doghouse..

Wow $10/gallon for Gas? You almost have to have a motorcycle, no?

Fully heated garage? Wow mine is insulated but not heated. Although I do have my Busa inside the house which is heated. :laugh:
But I'm never in the doghouse, if you know what I mean.

So do you live in Bucarest now? Or Iasi now? Or someplace else?

What are your favorite roads to ride on? Are there any speed limits out in the country? Are there police you have to worry about or not so much?

Have you ever been to America? If so, Where?

im quite lucky the company pays for me fuel. Yes I live in Iasi now buy hopefully will be back in Bucharest sometime next year. I live about 10 miles away from this Top Gear Transfagarasan Romania (2009) Amazing on Vimeo which I fun, there are speed limits here but as a tourist without residence unfortunately I am unable to pay speeding fines :) there is a strange law that says when paying fines you must give your CNP which is a Romanian id number as I don't have one they will not except payment ,as for the police when I get stopped which is quite frequently I normally beg for a fine and because they don't get any tips they usually just let me go. I have been to America I lived in Florida for 10 yrs. 2yrs Orlando and the other 8 in Jacksonville..

Your story reminds me of a German girlfriend I had once. She lived in Fla in the winters. Drove like the Autobahn here in America. She would get pulled over, feign not being able to speak English, show them her German license with address. The cops never knew what to do with her. The could never properly serve her to come to court, so she never got a ticket. I LOVED riding with her.....lol. I never drove. I'd have to take the ticket.

the general unspoken rule is it costs half the price of the ticket not to get the ticket if your Romanian ,since they joined the European union the police were given strict instructions not to screw around with foreigners ,before 2007 we were targets I got stopped all the time they saw tourist = money .the police are not very friendly here gestapo with a police badge, but like I said its much better now.

I lived in Budapest for a year. They treated us very well. If it weren't so phreakin cold I'd love to live there.

Hungary is a little different they are fine inside the country but the police are very busy close to the borders where they issue tickets and tell you that you must stay in the police station all night and go to court in the morning so you pay them just to let you cross the border and continue your journey..

Back