8's on a gen2

89mustang

Registered
I'm just curious what it would take to get a 08 into the 8's. I'd like to stay swb. Could you do it with out motor work? Maybe just bolt ons.

Mine has been 8s with just an exhaust, tune, and sitting at 6.5" over. Mine is a stock motor and no spray and the rider weighed around 165-170 suited. I'm not sure it's possible to run an 8 being stock wheelbase but maybe a +4" and it would be close depending on your weight and your rider skill

I thought about stretching it. I just really wanted to run crazy 8's with it next year. I'm having fun improving and practicing. It's good to know its possible without opening it up. They do look mean stretched with an extended tail

If your trying to consistently run 8s like the crazy 8 class stretch it. I wouldn't go more than an 8-10" over though. You will be more consistent if you do stretch it. The way my bike was setup my rider could bust off 8.9xs almost every time with the stock hand clutch

That was with the bike setup for me also. So if we had taken the time to properly set the bike up for him it may have gotten faster than the 8.81 that it did do

Mine has been 8s with just an exhaust, tune, and sitting at 6.5" over. Mine is a stock motor and no spray and the rider weighed around 165-170 suited. I'm not sure it's possible to run an 8 being stock wheelbase but maybe a +4" and it would be close depending on your weight and your rider skill

Are you guys serious? I ask this only because I didn't know that with something so simple our bikes could do 8s. I have a brand new 2012 that I bought in September of this year and I knew it was fast, but not that fast. Just an exhaust, tune, and a stretch is hard to believe.

It all depends how light/small of a rider and how much riding skill you have?

It'll go 8's on stock motor and wheelbase but not many will achieve it (even in perfect conditions):
First Gen 2 Hayabusa 8 Second Pass recorded using Brock's Performance Alien Head - YouTube[/url]

2008 Hayabusa with Brock's Performance Alien Head Exhaust sets world record for first stock bike into the 8's using all bolt-on parts. Stock wheelbase, foot shifting, Power Commander PC3usb, Brock's Ultra Mod, lowered, re-geared, VP MR9 race fuel - no nitrous or turbo. Richard Gadson riding at Gainesville, FL during AMA Prostar Finals in 2008.

Some of the article:
Brocks Performance: Hayabusa Chronicles Part 1

It also went 200mph with bolt-on's:
Brock's Performance - Hayabusa Chronicles Part 2

If you want consistency for the crazy 8 class, then you probably should stretch it but if you have enough practice you don't have to. You can do engine mods to make it easier also so you have room if you bobble a start and need to make up for it on the big end. But that's not really what the class was designed for I don't believe...

It is very hard to do but a good goal to have! :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/1-4-mile/169244-fiends-busa-8-96@154-mph.html

There is the link to the thread year was posted about my bike. I forgot to mention it does have an air shifter but I would assume your going to put one on if your going to run crazy 8s.

I weigh 235 suited and have been able to get it to go 9.25 this year with a 1.52 60'. I switched over to a rock solid clutch and have been fighting with it getting it setup and then come to find out my suspension was no where near where it needed to be.

I appreciate the input. I was setting a goal for myself next year. I don't know what I weigh suited but I'm 175lbs. I've owned other sport bikes but its crazy these busas are for so little $$$!! It's still a bike I ride on the street. I've never handled a streched bike. And I don't know how an air shifter would do on the street either. Might just have to settle for a low 9 haha

With an airshifter, It will shift when activating a button, normally the horn, and you can foot shift it will riding around on the street.
I foot shift mine, haven't been to a 1/4 mile track with it, just the 1/8 mile and ran 6.12@119mph which is a low 9 second 1/4. Here is what my bike looks like. It's a 2012 with a full Tiforce exhaust and ECU tuned, no power commander. And I weigh right at 200lbs unsuited

1425632_10151785446231937_1212341092_n.jpg

1455042_10151785445736937_1244672080_n.jpg

Geoff bike looks sweet. I have a black and orange 08. I think next year might do a little stretch and get an ext. tail. That seems to be the thing I'm going to have to do to get in the 8's

Here's my '08, stock motor with a generic ECU flash tune, 63.5" wheelbase. The stretch helps make the bike easier to control.

drag race 8.882 @ 154.09 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
With an airshifter, It will shift when activating a button, normally the horn, and you can foot shift it will riding around on the street.
I foot shift mine, haven't been to a 1/4 mile track with it, just the 1/8 mile and ran 6.12@119mph which is a low 9 second 1/4. Here is what my bike looks like. It's a 2012 with a full Tiforce exhaust and ECU tuned, no power commander. And I weigh right at 200lbs unsuited
6.12 in a perfect world is 9.67 that's a long way from a low 9?:poke:

Yeah a 6.12 wont be a low 9..I ran a 6.098@120 in the 1/8th and only ran 9.4 in the 1/4..To run 8's in the 1/4, you will have to run 5.9 at leat if not 5.7-5.8 in the 1/8th

Back