Does any one know what that fastest a stock busa ran in the 1/4.

89mustang

Registered
I'm just curious if anyone knows. I saw video on Brock's YouTube page I think it was Ricky gadson took a gen 2 I to the 8's with all bolt ons and swb.

Yes it's true but it was his nephew Richard Gadson,who can ride any bike he wants,unlike his Uncle how has to ride Kawasaki cause he's Kawasaki pro rider.

Don't believe everything you read!! The above link seems about right.
A lot of times these forget to leave out the part about race gas, or the weight that has been added to the front too.

I'm going to duck after saying this ??? BUT I will never believe a stock motor, SWB busa, bolt on only, with NO TRICKS will ever run in the 8's.

:hide::boxing:

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa First Ride Review- Suzuki Hayabusa Sportbike Test

This is from the 2008 test.

100% stock, no straps, no lowering, no tricks and no pro racers.

I believe a few people have gone faster. I'd have to pull up some old threads but I think 9.6 was the quickest 100% stock and 9.3-.4 with strap and links only were the records....but again, I'd have to search a bit to find it.

I'm going to duck after saying this ??? BUT I will never believe a stock motor, SWB busa, bolt on only, with NO TRICKS will ever run in the 8's.

:hide::boxing:

You don't have to believe it, but it's happened several times by several people. I wouldn't say it's easy or normal by any means but it's definitely possible... :beerchug:

For a first bike, I knew that I was getting started with a beastly big woman but has she improved over the years from 2008 to 2012?

In Daytona they had a gen 1 stock on a drag race simulator. anyone can hop on it for a fee and see what you can do in a 1/4. I was told its accurate to a tenth of a sec. some kid go on it, must have weighted 70-80 lb and went 7.90s

For a first bike, I knew that I was getting started with a beastly big woman but has she improved over the years from 2008 to 2012?
No improvements I know of , however in 2013 they added brembo front calipers and ABS.

dadofthree, thanks. I just thought that since 2008, they might have added 1 or 2 horses, maybe even lightened the load a little.

First Gen 2 Hayabusa 8 Second Pass recorded using Brock's Performance Alien Head - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back