$5 throttle friction lock

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
For those of you that would like to take your right hand off the bar after a day of twisties.. this thing works like a charm.

Go to your local Cat (Caterpillar) dealer and order O-ring # 8M-4991.

IMG_0078.jpg

Im kinda sleepy, but I dont it, how does it keep the throttle open?

you roll that yellow O-ring just off the grip into the groove between the grip and the bar end.. twist the throttle, and it stays.. All of us are able to take our left hand off the bars.. in 31 years, I've gotten to where riding one handed (right) is easy..

Kinda different to ride with just the left hand though!:whistle:

What in the world were you doing that would lead you to go to Cat...order this o-ring, take it home and put in on the throttle?????

You think like I do:laugh: I love it when people think outside the box:thumbsup::bowdown:

That looks like a perfect fit. :thumbsup:

I have seen this before and it does work pretty good. You can also go to Home depot or Lowes and get a few diff sizes in the plumbing dept.

That looks like a perfect fit. :thumbsup:

I have seen this before and it does work pretty good. You can also go to Home depot or Lowes and get a few diff sizes in the plumbing dept.

:laugh:

That's what I told him...like a year or two ago :laugh:

u get 2 at-a-boy's

I had one on my 500 PITA once ur all rested u have to stop and take a rest to remove it!

maybe mine was 2tight like my helmet

I have the NEP on the wifes bike she LOVES it! but its Sooo Dam ugly!
Posted via Mobile Device

The o-ring can be difficult to get back out of the groove. I've use a key ring on it and it gives you something to grasp when trying to move the o-ring back out of the groove. I used this set up several times on a Bandit - does give you a break but it didn't hold reall well - would slowly lose speed. It does give you a short break.

If your grips are too far from the bar end the o ring will fall in. Once you get it wherre it works for you it can't be beat. Using them for 6+ yrs w/out a problem. Cheap CC at $2.68 ea.

The o-ring I got must not be thick enough, it falls into the gap and it a pain to get back out. It does work much better that trying to hold the throttle with your left hand.. I tend to go the wrong direction when I do that! :laugh:

The o-ring can be difficult to get back out of the groove. I've use a key ring on it and it gives you something to grasp when trying to move the o-ring back out of the groove. I used this set up several times on a Bandit - does give you a break but it didn't hold reall well - would slowly lose speed. It does give you a short break.

That is why the thickness of the o-ring is the key.. and why I posted the actual part #. Tryin' to save my Busa buds some time.:thumbsup:

I spent dam near an hour trying tons of different o-rings before we found this one.

I've done this on every bike I've owned but only payed 50 cents for them.:rulez: Just goto a hydraulic shop. The ones I get are black so you cant even see them on there and I get em from the hydraulic shop 2 for $1. Thought about selling on ebay for $5 though:rofl:

Back