2 cent Throttle Lock

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
Here's one for you Bros on a budget. :goodidea:
Ok here's whatcha do.
Get out your roll of Duct Tape and rip off a nice neat square piece.
Before you go on your ride, stick it some place in back of the windscreen where it won't get blown away. Now....when you get out on the highway and want to lock the throttle to rest that right hand a bit, peel off the Duct Tape and slap it on the junction where the inside edge of the throttle grip meets the housing. NOW you can let go and rest your hand for a while.
If an emergency comes up and you need to quickly throttle down, the tape will give enough to let you execute that event.!! When you get ready to put your hand back on the throttle, do it, and then rip the tape off with your left hand. Sounds complicated I know, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. :laugh:
You can now take all that money you saved and buy a nice new back tire. :thumbsup:

I tend to use my high idle when I want to sit up for a bit. It doesn't do a great job of maintaining speed, but it also doesn't give you any engine braking. :beerchug:

i find my crampbuster works perfect when i need to rest my hand...$10 and i wont ride without it...
101_0669.jpg

I remember people on here a few years ago talking about using an O-ring. They would keep it on the grip, and when they wanted to use it they would just roll it down in between the grip & bar end, and it would grab enough to hold the throttle back......Never tried it myself.

i've used a tiny bungee around the bars, and flipped one roll over the grip when needed. kinda like the o-ring thing. works ok. i use a "cramp buster" too, but only on the highway. crampbuster can kill you in traffic!! once pogo wheelied down the street from my stupid cramp buster!

Back