43T in the rear on my stock 03?

shogun

Registered
Hey guys, i was thinking of putting a 43T in the rear just for that little umph. just make it a little torquier and easier to wheelie. will I notice the difference im looking for? so far my gearing is stock. by the way, how does this effect my redline/RPM when crusing and gas mileage? thanks in advance guys:beerchug::thumbsup:

3 up is a lot of fun and you will be able to wheelie much easier...gas mileage will go down 5-10 percent, just depends on how much fun you want to have with it :thumbsup:

I ran a 43T for about a year. I'm trying to remember what the effect was, but I want to say that it raised the RPMs by about 1000 per gear.

I've since gone back to the stock rear and up one in front to 18T.

43T was definitely fun! ;)

I ran a 16 on the front, which is comparable to a 43 rear, and I liked it. Spiced the acceleration up nicely. Mileage did go down a little. And it went down a little more with the 42 in back :laugh: But the fun factor is definately up there now :thumbsup:

I went 43 out back with stock 17 on front. I will never go back to 40! You will notice how much more peppy it is right off the bat. BTW, you can use stock length chain too!:thumbsup:

how can i use a stock length chain if the chain has more teeth to cover????? will my bike be upset cruising at a higher rpm than with my stock gearing set-up?

3 up is a lot of fun and you will be able to wheelie much easier...gas mileage will go down 5-10 percent, just depends on how much fun you want to have with it :thumbsup:
curious if this causes problems during hard cornering (not wanting to get the back end any more twitchy than it already is) Smooth on the gas would be my concern (not so good at this on the edge thing yet)

how can i use a stock length chain if the chain has more teeth to cover????? will my bike be upset cruising at a higher rpm than with my stock gearing set-up?

You are right... go out and waste yer money on a longer chain!:whistle:
Uumm... you do have adjustment on the swingarm right. (foward and rearward?)

i told you that you can, do you need to hear it from someone else?:banghead:

17/43 will work on a Gen 1 with a stock length chain :thumbsup:

curious if this causes problems during hard cornering (not wanting to get the back end any more twitchy than it already is) Smooth on the gas would be my concern (not so good at this on the edge thing yet)

I'm currently running +4 on the rear of the '08...it's all about throttle control bruther :laugh:

16/43 here and not a problem at all with the twisty's just need to run one gear up if your coming into a turn way to hot and lack 100% throttle controll.

Back