"Stealthy" 43t rear sprocket

K Wolf

Donating Member
Registered
I'm considering going with a 43t rear sprocket when I do the next tire change (very soon!). My chain and stock sprockets are in good shape, so I do not plan on replacing the front or the chain unless I have to. I do not wish to advertise to the world that I'm running non-stock gearing. Are there any good sprockets that are close to stock in appearance?

Thanks,
Karl

I'm betting the one for thr 08 will bolt on and be from the same manufacturer as ours.

Looking through a couple of catalogs, the 96-97 GSXR-750 using the same sprocket in 43 tooth. Part number 64511-33E00 It "should" look the same. Might be worth a shot to order one. It will fit either way and there is a good chance it will look like your original.

Thanks Professor. I'll check into both options.
beerchug.gif

Karl

(K Wolf @ Jul. 21 2007,00:36) I do not wish to advertise to the world that I'm running non-stock gearing.
Exactly who are you trying to hide it from...LEO, other unwary riders who want a shot at the title, etc.?

Not sure what the prob would be if someone says "nice sprocket...43T?"

Over-Easy, It's mainly my personal aesthetic ideas. I like most things to look as stock as possible, or at least look like the factory might have built it that way.

My bike is the wrong color to try to be stealthy as far as LEOs are concerned. I probably ride more tamely for that reason. If I get pulled over, I'm honest, respectful, and polite.

Karl

Put stock on back and change gearing by changing the counter shaft sprocket, as its all hidden behind the cover..
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

(DR1300R @ Jul. 25 2007,07:25) Put stock on back and change gearing by changing the counter shaft sprocket, as its all hidden behind the cover..
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
My thoughts exactly. Going down one in front = going up approx 2 1/2 in the rear.

bowdown.gif

Back